Tropic Marin Pro Reef, bye bye

hsosa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the brs waiting list notification I just brought the half bucket. now im good for the summer

somekindabonita

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I switched to ESV when we couldn't find TM. The salt mixed up very nicely and stored well for my automatic water changes, but once TM is more readily available I'll be going back - BRS actually has it in stock right now! The extra couple steps is just a little too much for me when I'm already squeezing in batches of saltwater late in the evenings that TM saves a bit of time.

Hincapiej4

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been waiting to get Synbiotic, it looks like now they decided to raise their prices......awesome.

Not alot, but they did. Probably shipping charges.

Spieg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love it, but sold out half the time. Liveaquaria salt is not bad. When BRS is out of HW, I use Liveaquaria's salt.
Funny, I don't think I've ever had a problem with stock levels. I usually buy salt when on sale during Black Friday and get enough to last the whole year.

Hincapiej4

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Am I seeing this correctly? THey got rid of the 80gallon and raised the price on the 200?

1619400772246.png

rmcrom

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know if TM changed the 'recipe' for Pro Reef? I have used the salt for a while and mixed in a white bucket with never any residue. I am now on a new bucket and I am getting a coating of brown gunk on all surfaces of the bucket and on the mixing pump. I can even see the water has a brown/orange tint to it once the salt dissolves.

Last edited:

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know if TM changed the 'recipe' for Pro Reef? I have used the salt for a while and mixed in a white bucket with never any residue. I am now on a new bucket and I am getting a coating of brown gunk on all surfaces of the bucket and on the mixing pump. I can even see the water has a brown/orange tint to it once the salt dissolves.
I’m having the same problem and not happy! The residue is very noticeable!

X-37B

Fight the Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went back to IO reg.
I mix 15 gallons at a time.
The residue can be eliminated with a 1/4 cup of rox carbon in a nylon sock floating in the mixing container.
I have done this 3 times now with repeatable results.
No residue left in the container and the salt mixes crystal clear.

Duffer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have bought 2 boxes of tmp since it’s been back in stock and not once have I had brown residue.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 74 51.7%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 73 51.0%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.2%
  • None.

Votes: 31 21.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.3%
Back