Tropic Marin Pro-Reef Salt Availability

Chipper1978

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I had a pretty good supply of Tropic Marin Pro-Reef Salt for awhile and didn’t realize there is such a shortage until I just attempted to buy some online and have been unsuccessful finding any. I am very low and don’t want to resort to skipping water changes, especially since they are sufficient for me to maintain my parameters without dosing.

Anyone aware of availability anywhere?

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've read on here that there is a shortage straight from the supplier. May get worse before it gets better. However it looks like you can still get some on ebay.com

Arabyps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The price doesn't make sense. The product graphics on the bucket are different from those on the TM web site. It is possible TM changed their graphics and not updated their web site. Maybe "if it's too good to be true, it's too good to be true". Buyer beware.

Duffer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are many posts about this in this forum and one just recently that is 8 pages long... many of your answers are there

diverrad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was looking myself for a while about 2 weeks ago I got an email brs and got myself a bucked. They did sell out that day though. Just have them email you when it’s in And buy fast

Viva'sReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So I bought 2 buckets from my LFS back in December and am running out. This whole time I thought I was using Pro Reef but when I tested my dKH yesterday twice on the fresh mix it was 9.9 dKH. I thought my bucket was messed up (hadn't tested fresh mixed salt ever) but it turns out that I've been using Tropic Marin Classic this whole time.....the devil is in the details I suppose lol. So anyone know where I can get more Classic mix?

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I bought 2 buckets from my LFS back in December and am running out. This whole time I thought I was using Pro Reef but when I tested my dKH yesterday twice on the fresh mix it was 9.9 dKH. I thought my bucket was messed up (hadn't tested fresh mixed salt ever) but it turns out that I've been using Tropic Marin Classic this whole time.....the devil is in the details I suppose lol. So anyone know where I can get more Classic mix?

I've always used classic. Miss the days of getting it for under $60 from Dr Foster Smith.

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS and Aquarium Specialty had it in stock today

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Put notifications in on all websites you use then jump on them quick. Aquarium specialty sent the notification, I jumped in it and purchased. BRS didn’t which is strange but I checked there and also grabbed one. Check emails often

EFlop

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welp after putting in my order for 1 I got 2! Never got a shipping mistake ever, but this is the best one yet!

Attachments

• Photo Apr 22, 1 15 50 PM.jpg
    Photo Apr 22, 1 15 50 PM.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 39

jphilip813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a pretty good supply of Tropic Marin Pro-Reef Salt for awhile and didn’t realize there is such a shortage until I just attempted to buy some online and have been unsuccessful finding any. I am very low and don’t want to resort to skipping water changes, especially since they are sufficient for me to maintain my parameters without dosing.

Anyone aware of availability anywhere?
Where are you located...IF in DMV I know of two locations that have them...Thats what I use myself...down to half a bucket

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 11.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 38 28.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 26 19.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back