Tropic marin pro salt low dkh

FortLivingRoom

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
120gal. So 25%, normally every 10-14 days.
By my calculation if you’re starting at around 7.5 in your display and you change 30gal out with 10dkh water that would bring you up to 8.125 in the first change. Personally I would just dose the part B to your display to get to goal. It raises my alk almost exactly as the bottle says. I’m kind of new to this as well so I would defer to someone more experienced on how fast you can raise it.

Last edited:

blasterman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Again, another example of why I hate pre diluted calcium and alk. You are multiplying by another variable for no reason other than paying somebody for water and baking soda.

Get a box of baking soda and use the online reef calculator to tell you how much dry sodium bicarbonate to use when you water change. Dump it in your water change container, let it mix for a minute and done. TMP is spec on at 7 dKH but you should bring it up to tank dKH first, or use a different salt.

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My current batch is at 7.8 dkh at 1.026. this is highest I have had before. It was their "new" packaging in the box and not hard bucket.
Thank you for posting this!!!

Just got my first 160 gallon box of TMP and will definitely test the Alk level after mixing the salt!

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every week, I add 1 oz of Arm & Hammer Baking Soda to 10 gallons of TMP to raise Alk from approximately 7 to 8.5 dKh For my water change.
How many gallons water change? Baked baking soda or not?

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for posting this!!!

Just got my first 160 gallon box of TMP and will definitely test the Alk level after mixing the salt!
The last new packing box was off also. That’s why I liked the 80g bucket…spot on. Just used up points to order the 100g box, curious to see where that one reads.

4kidsandapug

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   1
The last new packing box was off also. That’s why I liked the 80g bucket…spot on. Just used up points to order the 100g box, curious to see where that one reads.
My last box was reading 7.5-7.6. I’ve taken some of the help above, and started dosing bicarb, mag and ca into my mixing station.

Scooters Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can confirm as well I have a 200gal salt bucket and mine is mixing to 7.7dkh @ 1.026
Same range. 7.8 on my 200 gallon bucket. I also have several boxes and will be using those starting after this bucket is finished. I’ll be sure to check it and see what the difference in alkalinity is, if any. I bought a fair share of TMP when it was in stock. Enough to last me a year. Whole idea was for stability. So hopefully it’s all relatively close. I don’t mind adding a little baking soda into each water change. It amazes me how fast and completely the TMP mixes. Although IO mixes quickly too.

Back