Tropic Marine Elimi Phos Rapid Dosing Help

kaijor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've read that these phosphate reducers can impact your fish and corals so I want to be very cautious about dosing. I've doing some reading. So right now, my phosphates are around 0.37 ppm. My goal, at least for now, is to get it to 0.1 ppm. Based on the following website: http://larryl.emailplus.org.user.fm/fish/dosing-instructions-phosphate-removers.html

It looks like I can do 1.6ml first then do some testing of the phosphate levels and I should be ok. I'll then continue to higher dosing (limit it to 3.3 ml) based on the test. Does this method sound ok so far?

Now for how to dose, I was reading about a few ways that you can dose. The first way is to do a drip method over a period of time. I saw posts that say you can do this over a period of 4-8 hours. It seems to me that this would be the safest way to do it. But how do you guys drip it into your display tanks? Like, what device do you use to do this? Any assistance in this regard would be most appreciated. I'm sort of new to dosing in this way.

As for the location where you dose, I believe that I should do right around my skimmer chamber (I have a 32 biocube). This will then flow down to my filter sock. Does anyone have any other suggestions on this from their experience?

DCR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I use Elimi NP I just shoot the maximum dose all at once in the morning without any issues. I don't think it really matters if you have a mature tank. I did not find that it would reduce the phosphate much and ultimately went with GFO which is much more effective at reducing PO4 IME. I think if it works at all it will take a very long time to reduce from 0.37 ppm.

OP
OP
K

kaijor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I use Elimi NP I just shoot the maximum dose all at once in the morning without any issues. I don't think it really matters if you have a mature tank. I did not find that it would reduce the phosphate much and ultimately went with GFO which is much more effective at reducing PO4 IME. I think if it works at all it will take a very long time to reduce from 0.37 ppm.
Yeah, I just put the max dosage in based on the amount that I want removed. I'm thinking I'll try to use GFO to maintain the decrease. Going to test tonight to see where my phosphates are now.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 158 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.9%
Back