Tropic Marine Elimi Phos Rapid liquid

Dal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, anyone using Tropic Marine Elimi Phos Rapid liquid with dosing pump? If so - where to dose - straight to return chamber - near the skimmer - straight into skimmer?

how many millilitres roughly a day or every other day?

My tank is 250 litres - 6 months old.

Thank you

HankstankXXL750

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Hi, anyone using Tropic Marine Elimi Phos Rapid liquid with dosing pump? If so - where to dose - straight to return chamber - near the skimmer - straight into skimmer?

Thank you
I use Brightwell Phosphate-E which may be similar. Lanthium Chloride. I dose with an Apex Dos. I dose in the chamber before my skimmer, baubhave seen threads where they dos straight into their skimmer. I started with 1/3 recommended dose and increased weekly until they came down. Then I reduced my amount.

chipchipbro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thank you

Man, you gotta calculate this pretty exact.
You should really dilute the elimi phos and check how much your po4 rises every day (if possible)

Most do dose it into skimmer or into a fine micron filter sock. It can harm your tangs.

You really dont need much for results so better be careful or your po4 will bottom out before you can count to 3.

Start with 1/2 of the dose…

Theres a calculator aswell, just google it.

2.5ml reduces your po4 by 0.10 ppm

OP
OP
Dal

Dal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should really dilute the elimi phos and check how much your po4 rises every day (if possible)

Most do dose it into skimmer or into a fine micron filter sock. It can harm your tangs.

You really dont need much for results so better be careful or your po4 will bottom out before you can count to 3.

Thank you

OP
OP
Dal

Dal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I don't understand how it works if you dose it into a skimmer - what does it do when it getts into a skimmer and not in lets say display?

also i want to set it up with dosing pump - is it doable? Lets say if I need 1ml of this stuff per 3 days does it matter if a delute it with 200ml of rodi water or 500ml of rodi water? Sorry for asking silly questions

HankstankXXL750

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I believe people dilute it so they can spread out the dosage over a longer time and get the dose they desire. So dilute it the same every time and then divide to see how much per ml of mixed solution to determine correct dosage.

I didn’t know this but was reading in another thread. Basically the phophate binds with the lanthanum and the skimmer removes it. But I don’t know this, just read it.

Also they discussed dosing into a sock as the lanthanum might create some precipitate or something. That part I didn’t know and haven’t seen anything in the tanks I’m dosing, but that doesn’t mean anything, because I didn’t know to look.

As far as dosing I dose phosphate-E undiluted, but I am also dosing large tanks so I use more. I have been dosing for several weeks, as I believe I must have had phosphates leaching from the rock I used. Last week my numbers really came down so I decreased the amount and am testing more frequently to level out against what is being produced by feeding.

Saltees

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use TM Elimi Phos Rapid to drop my PO4 to 0.1 and sustain thereafter with GFO. I used to drop 5ml in to my NYOS 160 Skimmer neck of my 132G RSR500P daily. However after my 6 monthly ICP showed a slightly elevated lanthanum over the permissible range, I stopped doing so. Not that it’s affecting my 6 tangs or any other fishes and corals, just taking precautionary measure…I’m dosing in to 5 micron socks as and when I need to muscle down PO4. Without LaCl, I am going through 1kg of GFO every 20-30days.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 66 75.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 12.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 6.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back