Trouble With Hobby

70g_reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I have been in the hobby for about 3 years with my saltwater reef tank. It's an amazing reef and all the water is great but recently I have been not liking the tank too much and it seems that everything that I do to the tank messes it up, even though it doesn't and the water is perfect and its just in my head, I don't know why I feel this way because I did not feel like this for the first 2 years that started. can someone tell me what this is. am I just bored of the tank?

ThePurple12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I have been in the hobby for about 3 years with my saltwater reef tank. It's an amazing reef and all the water is great but recently I have been not liking the tank too much and it seems that everything that I do to the tank messes it up, even though it doesn't and the water is perfect and its just in my head, I don't know why I feel this way because I did not feel like this for the first 2 years that started. can someone tell me what this is. am I just bored of the tank?

Can you be specific? What’s going wrong? Are the corals doing well?

ScottJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know why I feel this way because I did not feel like this for the first 2 years that started. can someone tell me what this is. am I just bored of the tank?
Been a pretty rough year all around. Have you been cooped up at home? Maybe that could have something to do with it?

OP
OP
70g_reef

70g_reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you be specific? What’s going wrong? Are the corals doing well?
my corals are fine but I've had really aggressive fish that killed most everything I put in there and it was kina making me loose interest, I did get someone that decided that they wanted the aggressive fish. It was some damsels and a Sargent major. but my corals are 100% great.

OP
OP
70g_reef

70g_reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been a pretty rough year all around. Have you been cooped up at home? Maybe that could have something to do with it?
yeah, I wasn't one of the people who stayed home for quarantine. and now where I work is making us do online work.

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IDK sounds like you gotta get re-interested in reefing. it happens we all go through a meh phase for time to time.
maybe change some things up. decide what direction you would like your tang to go in.

OP
OP
70g_reef

70g_reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IDK sounds like you gotta get re-interested in reefing. it happens we all go through a meh phase for time to time.
maybe change some things up. decide what direction you would like your tang to go in.
you have any suggestions for a 75g reef tank, peaceful fish. that might get me back

Kfactor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a scopas tang i have had now for around a month and he is awsome him and my clown are best friends lol

lpsouth1978

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe a pair of clowns, a nice Wrasse, some cardinals, and a blenny. All are great additions to any reef and are generally model citizens.

Greg P

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you have any suggestions for a 75g reef tank, peaceful fish. that might get me back
Over 8+ years with the same 75g tank, I tried many fish.
Most were model citizens, for the first year or so, then ...

Too aggressive;
Bangaii, clowns, Yellow eye kole (hated my starry blenny)

Got along great together;
Yellow tang, starry blenny, melanurus wrasse (with no other wrasses), PJ cardinal (boring), coral beauty (not with flashers), springer's dottyback (not with firefish)
This mix wouldn't allow most flashers period for me.
The starry blenny (had 2 at separate times) never bothered any others, and the yellow tang never cared who was added, unless they pushed his buttons, then look out.

Flasher wrasses are hit and miss but if you have other peaceful fish, and can keep them alive, they can be active and attractive. Still need to research which ones can be mixed.

Maybe a shoal of dispar anthias if you can feed them enough.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 17 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 38 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 146 67.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.8%
Back