Trouble with Stable Apex Connection

Cleverbs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope someone can help.

I have had my apex for about a week now. The apex is constantly losing internet. When I am using my app it will be connected, I go make a note for a test and hit send and it says APEX not connected...I retry a few times and 30 seconds later its back online. It does this over and over and over again. Getting someone annoying but IDK what to do. I have restarted modem and wireless router and nothing. Any thoughts?

Tested my wifi single on my phone and I am getting strong connection with 924+ MBPS upload speed right next to the apex. (its in my basement so I thought maybe the signal was weak? but I dont think thats the case as the wifi its connected to is directly above the tank on the 1st floor.

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope someone can help.

I have had my apex for about a week now. The apex is constantly losing internet. When I am using my app it will be connected, I go make a note for a test and hit send and it says APEX not connected...I retry a few times and 30 seconds later its back online. It does this over and over and over again. Getting someone annoying but IDK what to do. I have restarted modem and wireless router and nothing. Any thoughts?

Tested my wifi single on my phone and I am getting strong connection with 924+ MBPS upload speed right next to the apex. (its in my basement so I thought maybe the signal was weak? but I dont think thats the case as the wifi its connected to is directly above the tank on the 1st floor.
I had a similar issue so I installed a WiFi extender in teh same room as the Apex. Didn't help. In the end I simply plugged it in via the LAN port. That solved the issue all together! I use a LAN port for my Seneye server as well.

RoanokeReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope someone can help.

Is it a Regular Apex with Ethernet or a Jr with Wi-Fi only?

bblumberg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had to hardwire mine to MESH Wifi satellite. The Apex (2006) constantly dropped the WiFi signal even a few feet away from the satellite.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 29 15.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 109 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.4%
Back