trouble with stn on sps need help

  • Thread starter Thread starter BiG-D
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

BiG-D

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 5, 2010
Messages
321
Reaction score
47
Location
Norwalk Ca.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all I'm having trouble with my sps stning on me until they completely die. My display tank and my frag tank are plumed together. Same water. The corals in the frag tank are doing great but the corals in my display tank are not happy.when they stress out I put them in my frag tank they heal and start looking great so I move them back to the display and they start to bleach and stn again so the only difference between the two is that my display is running 3 250w radiums With 2 t5 Ho actinics and my frag tank is running a power module 8 bulb t5 could it be my mh lights I just changed them about 1 month ago they are 18in above the water .or maybe flow the display measures 60/24/24 I have 2 mp40 and 2 6105s and the frag tank has 1 mp10 could my ballasts be bad? Params are alk 9.0 Cal 440 mag 1440 po4 is 0.04 nitrates 0.3 please help thanks
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new