TRUE BATTLE TESTED ACROS

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are reading this thread , you got to be a fan of BATTLECORALS or atleast intrigued why people rave about Adam and his acroporas.

Anyone can claim having most colorful , resilient acros but in practice not many can stand by their words. Here enters BATTLECORALS - a small private sps farmer named Adam from a small town in Wisconsin - Genoa City who is first a hobbyist at heart and then turned his passion of life into "commercial hobbyism".

And let me tell you why he is a commercial hobbyist than a business man and what makes his acros true battle tested .

I have been saving slowly to get a dream pack from Adam which includes :

BC Frankenberry
BC Aquaticman Table
BC Teen Wolf
BC Blueberry Nasuta
BC Schizopolis Sunset
PC Superman
GC Efflo

These are not your usual run-of-the-mill hacked up maricultured pieces or rainbow colored tenuis that only glows in blue leds. These are some of the finest aquacultured acroporas which have been grown in captivity for years - some close to 5-10 years and have adapted to aquarium life . The care, passion and hard work went into bringing out the beauties in these once wild pieces and making them accustomed to aquarium life is beyond comprehension for anyone. These are guaranteed to stand out in the crowd in any hobbyist tank and flourish for years provided the hobbyist knows what's he is doing . However, that's only possible once you actually receive them intact. The simple fact that years of efforts lie in the hands of a third party shipment company to deliver your frags from Adam's tank to yours is the weakest link in the entire chain .

Shipment was supposed to have reached me yesterday. However at morning 3:30 am I get a text message from Fedex saying - shipment has been put on hold in Indianapolis due to bad weather !!!!!!!!!

Panic set in !!

If you know about Minnesota, you know its the Gateway to Hell especially in winter. We have to wait for days or even months sometimes to find the perfect weather to have corals shipped . And I have waited long enough for these beauties .

Immediately messaged Adam .

Nothing new for me to message Adam . I message him probably more than 50 times a day. My wife even makes fun saying - I talk more to Adam than my own family or her . And Adam has never ever failed to reply back - be it night or day !!! Such is his dedication towards customer support and friendship .

Came to know he has been tracking the same and there are around 15 boxes that he sent that all were stuck in Indianapolis and he has been relentlessly follwoing up with fedex . I immediately called Fedex .
After dancing around for 10 mins with the annoying automated voice system, got hold of a representative who says - plane arrived late due to bad weather and shipment will only come on Friday morning at 10 am !!!

This is supposed to be a disaster . For me its just a single box but think about someone who has just sent 15 such boxes with livestock . Someone whose livelihood depends on it !

Adam reassured me - anything goes wrong , he would replace everything even without me asking for it . The concern in his message was evident .
More than money, he was still worried about his babies ! Thats where you realize - its not mere business for him but he's still the same passionate hobbyist at heart that he was 10 years ago under the username "rbtm" in RC .

Both of us tried multiple avenues but couldn't get anywhere close to getting the shipment leave Indianapolis yesterday .

Today morning Adam messaged me saying corals have reached Minneapolis and finally on its way to delivery by 10:30 am. He has been glue stuck to the Fedex Tracking site all night !

One of the perks of buying too much BattleCorals - I personally know the driver who delivers my frags :) . Called him at 7:30 am and begged for 15 mins to allow me to come and pick it up somewhere as it would take him 10:30 am to reach my place. Drove 10 mins to reach a drop off place for an industry where he usually does his pit stop and got the babies in my car.
Drove madly back to house ! Every minute I can save is a minute I give back to keep these babies alive . Honestly, I would do anything to keep a coral alive - ANYTHING AT ALL .

Got them out of the box and voila !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you keep acros you know, flow is probably the most important factor after water chemistry . Without flow , you have nothing but dead
You would expect smell, casualties , tissue loss with acros under such stress . 48 HOURS OF NO FLOW !!!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I opened the package and I find they are happily sitting there as if nothing happened . After acclamation, got them in tank and polyps are out within minutes.
I simply couldn't believe my eyes . I have bought acros from many people - both hobbyists and vendors and no one and I mean no one had their acros look so fantastic even after a short drive . And these have been sitting in dark 48 hours with no flow ! These are what you call - TRUE BATTLE TESTED . No gimmicks !!! Adam has proven - even if Fedex wants to screw you up, he won't allow it to happen :)

BC2.jpg

Truly this should be a selling point - BATTLE CORALS CAN SURVIVE 48 HOURS IN DARKNESS !

THANK YOU ADAM FOR YOUR DEDICATION , PASSION AND PROVIDING US WITH TRUE BATTLE CORALS !

We are lucky to have you ....

Regards,
Abhishek

Last edited:

AtlCPA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to hear. I’ve got a pack under 3 days of darkness to kill some Dino’s. I hope they make it

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Thanks a ton four the write up man. I'm really glad these got in ok today. The weather was on out side for sure.

Let's not forget however, they should have actually been delivered the day before on Wednesday, but my Fed Ex driver who I consider a close friend at this point, literally had a heart attack Tuesday morning, and 9 boxes were not picked up Tuesday, I had to unpack them all.

Really sent the week into a free-fall after that. One mess after another. Good news is that he's Ok and will be back on the job next week. I've talked with him a few times now. Still waiting to here how the rest are doing. At least 7 more to be delivered yet, but what a week.

OP
OP
Abhishek

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks a ton four the write up man. I'm really glad these gotten ok today the weather was on out side for. Let's not forget however, they should have actually been delivered the day before on Wednesday, but my Fed Ex driver who i consider a close friend at this point, literally had a heart attack Tuesday morning, and 9 boxes were not picked up Tuesday, I had to unpack them all.

Really sent the week into a free-fall after that. One mess after another. Good news is that he's Ok and will be back on the job next week. I've talked with him a few times now. Still waiting to here how the rest are doing. At least 7 more to be delivered yet, but what a week.

Well I left that out of the write up but shows how truthful and honest you are ! Am glad he's doing ok and Battlecorals can resume regular amazing shipment soon .

Regards,
Abhishek

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are right about Adam. I have ordered from him half a dozen times, whether it be a single frag or a box of them, he treats your order all the same. I have had a couple boxes arrive a day late and end up being DOA. Adam, sends me a new frag without giving me any issue. I was going to order a frag from someone else but they told me they won't do anything if the frag was delayed, so I decided to not do business with them. Adam, gives me full confidence when I order from him that if there is ever an issue, he will take care of it.

After starting my coral thread I have had a few people message me about where to buy frags and I always point them to him!

._Z_.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was another customer of Adam’s that got caught up in the heart attack/cancelled flight fiasco. Glad to have others to share the worries with.

I’m happy to report my shipment looks healthy as well!

My only regret is that I didn’t use battlecorals sooner, as now my little 45 is about full.

Thanks again Adam for the great service!

Grey Ghost

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reviews like this are a great source of info for someone debating placing an order for the first time. The sps pieces speak for themselves when it comes to quality, color, and health. It’s really hard to find a self owned and operated business with a true dedication to customer service nowadays. Adam definitely has that part figured out!!

Crimsonvice

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just received my third battle box this week, and was going to make a similar post about how awesome Adam is, but I will just piggy back off of yours @Abhishek

I do not message him as much as you, but you are absolutely correct, Adam is always prompt in responding to you. Very courteous and always willing to help. I love that he messages me with a picture of the shipping label making sure all info is correct and when the coral has actually been picked up for shipping. It is the same attention to detail that I would display in taking care of my kids. Adam extends that care from his tank to yours.

Each box I have revived is fantastically packed. First off, super cool shipping box hands down. Each coral is double bagged and heat sealed and placed in a protective cup so it is not broken. A big pet peeve of mine, is when you order a bunch of coral and nothing is labeled. Not the case with Battlecorals, each piece is clearly labeled. Lastly, all frags are placed together in a third larger bag, and packed with packing peanuts and heat pack. Some of the best shipping I have seen.

Whats that one question they always ask... "Does size matter?" Yeah, of course SIZE MATTERS! No teeny weeny frags here. I have purchased from online vendors before and have received frags less than .5". I publicly asked if they sell frags this size on a regular basis, because they seem a little "small". Man was that a shark frenzy! People jumped all over me. "XYZ sells top grade stuff. I have never
received a small frag." LOL... Okay, excuse me for asking. I won't insult his manliness anymore... My bad. This is by no means the case with Adam's corals. I have never received anything that I would consider small. If anything, I would consider some of the frags, mini colonies. Multiple branches or good height, always. Great polyp extension and color right out of the bag. I have never seen any pests when I have dipped, and probably would venture to say that dipping isn't even necessary.

If you are new to online coral purchasing, just don't even go anywhere else. Adam is one of the best hands down. If you've considered purchasing from Battlecorals, just pull the trigger already. You will be happy you did.

I have to get my DSLR out and snag some pictures of this latest pack. I talked with Adam and made a few requests, and he knocked it out of the park. I was only expecting 3-4 frags and ended up with 7! I was blown away yet again. I cannot rave enough about Adam. He has truly set the bar high for other vendors.

Thanks for all you do Adam!

Jim C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Adam is one of the easiest people to work with that I have come in contact with.

Acro maniac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had to chime in as well.
My box was received today and all the corals are acclimated in the system. Honestly the best packaging i have ever received from anyone. Very well done and solid communication. I couldnt have asked for anything else.
Im glad I tried him cause I have a new 180 to fill. I purchased 8 frags and only had 3 in before the 8 went in. I will definitely be a return customer.
Thanks Adam

RYAN

Swoody

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may as well throw my two cents in here as well. I just received my first battle box from Adam last week. Very happy that I made the decision to try Battlecorals out. I received eight pieces and as others above have posted, all had polyp extension within a half hour of being put it in my tank...very cool to see after reading many many stories about negative purchase experiences others have had with different vendors. Communication is top notch and his corals speak for themselves. Looking forward to ordering my next box!!!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back