• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Truereefer is a scammer!

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladybug5234

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I pondered long & hard before I posted this. Up until now I thought it could still be a misunderstanding. After all, I had never been scammed before and have conducted hundreds of transactions online, both as a buyer and a seller. But I just found out this guy is doing this left and right so I figured I'd warn everyone.

He sends you an invoice for service and I'd you don't catch on, you won't be able to dispute it thru PayPal (or so he thinks). Then he barely communicates and then finally stops responding or even logging on, and takes off with your hard earned cash and leaves you empty handed. I am willing to bet he's got more than one screen name too.

Last edited:

Bluejawtrigger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm working on fighting it now. Filed with paypal earlier today. About to call them. Then going to contact Some people I know about cyber crimes, and I believe it's federal once done in different states.

Dre59

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It seems this member is from Chicago.. Will contact a few friends to see if this member is real..

OP
OP
Ladybug5234

Ladybug5234

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The address listed in the PayPal invoice is to a school. But I doubt he's a teacher. Most of us (teachers ) are honest people.

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ill be looking at this soon guys. We already have a discussion going with all the mods.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The address listed in the PayPal invoice is to a school. But I doubt he's a teacher. Most of us (teachers ) are honest people.

Please PM me the address where you shipped too.

Bluejawtrigger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm passing along this guys name/info to everyone and every forum I know. I ask that everyone else does the same. If I ever get my money back, I still need a good deal on an MP40. I'm Leary to even mention it. But I want one for my critters and can't swing a new one with a newborn. Lol.

Bluejawtrigger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I ever get my money back, and someone is feeing generous, i still
Need an MP40. Lol. Although at this point I'm leery to buy anything from anyone I haven't done business with before. This really does suck. Hard to believe. I'd do anything to help a fellow reefer. Hell, I spent half my day off today helping a fellow reefer move a 50g and I even gave him a few frags. I just don't understand. I'm not being obtuse here, just wondering were the bad karma is coming from.

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to close this thread as its run its course and the point has been made. If you end up with a resolution and feel you want to post it here, let me know and I'll open it for closure.

Thanks,
Team R2R

Status
Not open for further replies.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back