Trumpet coral placement

blazedbeef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my trumpet coral has been closed up for some time now. It had its original spot in the sand bed taken over by the rock flower anemone. I moved it about an inch up into the rock and it’s been closed or hasn’t been opening up like it used too. Would anyone have suggestions where I should move it? I left a picture of my aqua scape, I appreciate any input! Thank you! :)

69E3F88A-E2E9-4205-85AC-34EB0D979A19.jpeg 540EE50D-AE7B-4876-BA3A-20E8F3BD29CF.jpeg

OP
OP
B

blazedbeef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi! what are your parameters?
Hey! My parameters are
Nitrate-0
Nitrite-0
Ammonia-0
Phosphate-0
Salt-1.25
PH- 8.3
Alk- 12
I currently don’t know what my calcium is at because I just got back from vacation and I don’t have a test kit.

andiesreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey! My parameters are
Nitrate-0
Nitrite-0
Ammonia-0
Phosphate-0
Salt-1.25
PH- 8.3
Alk- 12
I currently don’t know what my calcium is at because I just got back from vacation and I don’t have a test kit.
ok, even if nitrates and phosphates aren't the issue with this particular coral, they shouldn't be at 0. corals need some nutrients to thrive. try to get phosphates and nitrates to anything above 0 asap. feed more, add more fish, decrease filtration, etc.

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's not a big change in light or flow from where it was. How long has it been in the tank before it started "closing up".

OP
OP
B

blazedbeef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok, even if nitrates and phosphates aren't the issue with this particular coral, they shouldn't be at 0. corals need some nutrients to thrive. try to get phosphates and nitrates to anything above 0 asap. feed more, add more fish, decrease filtration,
That's not a big change in light or flow from where it was. How long has it been in the tank before it started "closing up".
it was in the tank for about 3 months before it started to look like this.

OP
OP
B

blazedbeef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll stop doing weekly water changes. I’ve been meaning to check my PAR, especially since I upgraded my lights to the AI prime, but I don’t have enough money for one or a way to rent one.

saltyfins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll stop doing weekly water changes. I’ve been meaning to check my PAR, especially since I upgraded my lights to the AI prime, but I don’t have enough money for one or a way to rent one.
I'd get some NeoNitro in that tank fast. No way should you have 0 and think anything will do well. seriously, they do need that and phosphate.

OP
OP
B

blazedbeef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd get some NeoNitro in that tank fast. No way should you have 0 and think anything will do well. seriously, they do need that and phosphate.
I’ve still had good colors and growth I’ve just had problems with this one coral. It was starting to split before it started looking like this. I’m new to the hobby I thought having low phosphate was a good thing, I’ll start feeding more.

andiesreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve still had good colors and growth I’ve just had problems with this one coral. It was starting to split before it started looking like this. I’m new to the hobby I thought having low phosphate was a good thing, I’ll start feeding more.
low phos is generally good, no phos or nitrates will lead to dinoflagellates and starvation of your corals. this could just be the first one to show signs.

Oldsman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yours should definitely puff back up once your nutrient levels come up. We have one about 8 inches up rocks in a biocube 32 and seems to like the gentle push from the Nero 3 behind it. I'd snap a pic but the daytime lights just ramped down and its pure windex now

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are you testing and realize any nutrient or water changes may affect other corals.
I have 2 trumpets within 6 inches, 1 is great, growing like crazy, the fluorescent green, like yours is Def not happy.
Does he put out feeding tentacles at lights out?

Back