YES shipping is available

bushdoc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0233.JPG

I have very mixed feelings about keeping trumpetfish in private saltwater tank. I think they belong to the Ocean or large public aquariums. They are ambush predators and seem to roam above large area of reefs, frequently swimming vertically in search of the prey.

OP
OP
REEF EXCLUSIVE

REEF EXCLUSIVE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 87.5%
7   1   0
IMG_0233.JPG

I have very mixed feelings about keeping trumpetfish in private saltwater tank. I think they belong to the Ocean or large public aquariums. They are ambush predators and seem to roam above large area of reefs, frequently swimming vertically in search of the prey.
Many Wrasses do the same. They roam the reef looking for prey to attack, and if it fits in their mouth, they tear it apart and eat it. The main thing is that their mouth is small and they, like this Trumpetfish, cannot gobble up what does not fit in their mouth. Only shrimp or fish up to 1 inch in size will fit in the mouth of a Trumpetfish of this size. You just need to keep these fish with fish that are at least 2 inches in size. In an aquarium, pipefish will not grow more than 12-15 inches, so your pet fish and large shrimp will not fit in its mouth. This is on Sargan with toothy paste, but just an overgrown Sea Horse.

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 39 28.3%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 29 21.0%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 14 10.1%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 49 35.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%

Back