Trying Out Dad's Other Hobby. What Does Everyone Else Do For Fun?

OP
OP
Ty Hamatake

Ty Hamatake

Hi, my name is Ty and I'm a Reefer...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Photography and punching holes in paper with a firearm. I enjoy shooting both handguns and long guns.
Ha ha! When I first read your post I read it as "punching holes in paper with a forearm". I was very intrigued as to how one did this and what hobby it was considered :)

I fly drones.
858228399f6436d263bbc71040b43a73.jpg
Very nice. I got I to RC helicopters for a bit. Turns out I'm not very good at it. One is still on the roof of an old neighbors house... ha ha, I guess it was probably a good thing that I never got into the more expensive ones.

RyanCSGO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup I use to play a lot of games.. o_O
In the end I think I burnt myself out of all of them. Can only grind so much haha
lol, I know what you mean. I've been getting to that point, now the only thing that honestly keeps me playing is the $ I've spent on the set up.
Should have just put it into a tank ;)
wife has a slightly opposite work schedule from me, so I have a lot of free time to play for now. kind of keeps me out of trouble.

Frop

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol, I know what you mean. I've been getting to that point, now the only thing that honestly keeps me playing is the $ I've spent on the set up.
Should have just put it into a tank ;)
wife has a slightly opposite work schedule from me, so I have a lot of free time to play for now. kind of keeps me out of trouble.

By far my favorite was Vanguard: SOH. The game had a bunch of bugs and didn't have any end game content. Characters were unbalanced but the memories of my entire guild being on and two full guilds ambushing us during a meeting was pretty awesome. We were all screaming on vent. 1 huge pvp mess. Even a mod showed up. Basically 2-3 guilds on server were anti rpk (random player kill) and that was us. We'd hunt all the other guilds down all day that would kill random players. There was no safe zone if under level 7. :p I think that game went bankrupt. Not sure.

Jisko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I inherited two pet rats from my sister when I was a kid... one ended up dying and the other went crazy after. :( he ended up biting his own tail off so we had him put down.
0_0 thats crazy... my rat is a rescue and iv had her since she was 3 weeks old

RyanCSGO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
By far my favorite was Vanguard: SOH. The game had a bunch of bugs and didn't have any end game content. Characters were unbalanced but the memories of my entire guild being on and two full guilds ambushing us during a meeting was pretty awesome. We were all screaming on vent. 1 huge pvp mess. Even a mod showed up. Basically 2-3 guilds on server were anti rpk (random player kill) and that was us. We'd hunt all the other guilds down all day that would kill random players. There was no safe zone if under level 7. :p I think that game went bankrupt. Not sure.
hahaha, wish i got into that style game.
my competitive side always takes hold and steers me in that direction. old days was counter-strike 1.6. then a few years ago was CAll of duty (actually traveled to compete) then switched to Counter-strike: Global Offensive ad now I've been hooked on H1Z1: King of the Kill, finally a game I'm actually pretty good at. ranked 195 in North america :)

OP
OP
Ty Hamatake

Ty Hamatake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my competitive side always takes hold and steers me in that direction. old days was counter-strike 1.6. then a few years ago was CAll of duty (actually traveled to compete) then switched to Counter-strike: Global Offensive ad now I've been hooked on H1Z1: King of the Kill, finally a game I'm actually pretty good at. ranked 195 in North america :)
I was going to ask if the "CSGO" in your name was Counter Strike related :)
I've always enjoyed gaming, but I get far too worked up when I play pretty much anything online. I've had neighbors call the wife while she was out of town asking if things were ok at home because they heard a lot of yelling... lol yep, things are fine, Ty is just playing COD or something. I've switched to tower defense and survival games. Helps keep the blood pressure down.

Reefrookie220

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I make several varieties of wine using an OLD recipe brought over from Germany when my great (x6?) grandfather volunteered his services in the civil war.

I also enjoy twisting wrenches on any German import, but preferably BMW.

When I'm not reefing or wrenching, or making wine I coach little league football in an all year league in the 7-8yr old range.

RyanCSGO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was going to ask if the "CSGO" in your name was Counter Strike related :)
I've always enjoyed gaming, but I get far too worked up when I play pretty much anything online. I've had neighbors call the wife while she was out of town asking if things were ok at home because they heard a lot of yelling... lol yep, things are fine, Ty is just playing COD or something. I've switched to tower defense and survival games. Helps keep the blood pressure down.
hahaha, I totally get it. the frustrations with online gaming is insane, even an extremely healthy person would be at risk when playing.

Frop

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Nice! I was never that good at FPS. These days I mainly play Battlefield on PS4. Usually play more to win as a team than going for a good KTD since I'm better as a support role. Mainly as medic or as that guy who rushes all the way to the back alone for the squad to spawn on him and flank from the back. However I use to play all three counter strikes, Unreal Tournament 3, a bunch of Call of Duties, a bunch of battle field , other random off name games or mods.

Use to play a lot of RTS games like age of empires 2, empire earth, total war (Rome, medieval, medieval 2), Starcraft 2, stronghold (reg and crusader). Majesty was fun.

RPG stuff (some mmos): NavyFIELD, Monster Hunter, WoW, EQ2, Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Vanguard, the first Assassins Creed.

Unfortunately and fortunately I have a mac. So the amount of money I spend on games is slim now since there are hardly any games for it. I don't ever build PCs anymore either. When I was in high school I upgraded mine just a little for it to shortly go out of date. My cousins would spend a ton on high end machines. I'm just a console gamer now might play one afternoon out of every 2 weeks. Plus I don't buy new release games anymore either just wait for the $20 versions or under.

Some times my wife plays plants vs zombies or helldivers.

Now it's basically all fish tank addiction..

OP
OP
Ty Hamatake

Ty Hamatake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! I was never that good at FPS. These days I mainly play Battlefield on PS4. Usually play more to win as a team than going for a good KTD since I'm better as a support role. Mainly as medic or as that guy who rushes all the way to the back alone for the squad to spawn on him and flank from the back. However I use to play all three counter strikes, Unreal Tournament 3, a bunch of Call of Duties, a bunch of battle field , other random off name games or mods.

Use to play a lot of RTS games like age of empires 2, empire earth, total war (Rome, medieval, medieval 2), Starcraft 2, stronghold (reg and crusader). Majesty was fun.

RPG stuff (some mmos): NavyFIELD, Monster Hunter, WoW, EQ2, Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Vanguard, the first Assassins Creed.

Unfortunately and fortunately I have a mac. So the amount of money I spend on games is slim now since there are hardly any games for it. I don't ever build PCs anymore either. When I was in high school I upgraded mine just a little for it to shortly go out of date. My cousins would spend a ton on high end machines. I'm just a console gamer now might play one afternoon out of every 2 weeks. Plus I don't buy new release games anymore either just wait for the $20 versions or under.

Some times my wife plays plants vs zombies or helldivers.

Now it's basically all fish tank addiction..
My favorite RTS of all time is Total Annihilation. I've probably been playing it for 20 years... I lost the disk at one point so I went searching around online and found that there are like five different titles... the original is still the best in my opinion :)

OP
OP
Ty Hamatake

Ty Hamatake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I fly full scale and model airplanes.
IMG_2298.JPG IMG_2072.JPG
Where do you fly at? I know a bunch of private pilots through work and they always brag about "taking a quick flight to Napa for lunch" and stuff like that... it actually seems pretty cool. I think in just jealous.

OP
OP
Ty Hamatake

Ty Hamatake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was my big hobby befor SW. Creating concrete scapes for reptiles and amphibians. My last work.
foto0380_by_grius-d6yf0ry_zpskoyjo3am.jpg
That is sick... did any of that talent in rockscaping transfer to this hobby?

anomeda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks!
No not really. It's so different from carving concrete like that. I gave it a real try for my first setup using pond foam, epoxy sand and dry rock but failed mixing the epoxy. So after that i just went with a more simple method for the next scape.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.1%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 17.1%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 42.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%

Back