Trying to identify this coral

Dandamanlondon

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 9, 2021
Messages
5
Reaction score
2
Location
Walton on Thames - Surrey
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I recently had this coral sent with a load of Zoa’s I ordered and I’m struggling to identify it.

I had to refix it on the plug as it became separated and it’s been looking a little sorry for itself the last few days.
Many thanks in advance.
C1DB7C7E-458B-4CFD-A2A4-B702FE7445ED.jpeg
 
Looks like a small frag of lobophyton, it might just need to shed his skin if you got it recently, seems to be a step a lot of softies take when first introduced to a new tank.

it could turn out to be a sacrophyton but that shape usually indicates lobophyton
 
Last edited:
Upvote 2
Ok thanks both. I’ll keep my eye on it. Been like it for 3-4 days so not sure if it’s shedding or not. My water Params are spot on and I’ve a HD Prime schedule which I’ve reduced to 75% so’s to not burn anything out on this little tank.

Can you advise anything else I should/could do to bring it back? (It was dipped before going in)
 
Upvote 0
Personally I would just keep an eye on it and give it some time, keep an eye out fur the surface starting gleam or shimmer in the light, thats a sign its about to ditch the waxy coating it makes when it sheds.
 
Upvote 0

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new