Trying to make a cheap frag tank... Need some input...

Not sure If I should be running the skimmer or not... I have about 5-10 lbs. live rock and 20-30 lbs. dry rock... plus the live sand... put some skimmate in the tank as well from my display... Running the skimmer dry currently... Ive hears mixed reviews
 
Getting this instead...
942ec9994c9859ab72274b34153d2cc6.jpg
 
I was going to suggest a black box led but didn't know they had them with legs. I bought one from amazon for my 70 and it did a great job.
 
Stupid question though... If I dont plan on keeping all that rock in the tank, is that stupid... I didnt even think about that... I wanna do egg crate for the whole tank and put the rock back in my display... is that as stupid as it sounds???
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new