Trying to put a sump on a fluval evo

Orange Bulk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my first time drilling a tank and using bulkheads. So im trying to sump a evo and think iv messed it up by being to excited and not doing enough reserch. I am planning to do a herby overflow. I explaned to my lfs what i want to do and they sold me a 32mm bulkhead and iv drilled the 44mm holes for the bulkheads already but now im thinking there too big. Are they going to be to big? What size bulkhead would be good for a return, im thinking it depends on the size of return pump i use.
Thank you for reading.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On the plus side, screwing up a Fluval EVO isn't the worst thing one could do (if it turns out you did in fact made a mistake, which I'm not sure). You didn't mention what size the EVO was (this will be helpful for those that can answer your plumbing questions). Good luck!

slythy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yea i probably would have gone with 3/4 or 1” bulkheads, 32mm is probably a bit on the large side but you can make it work. I use 3x 1” bulkheads on my 180gal in a bean animal so barely using 1 for actual flow

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would use 1/2" for the return and in a perfect world I would have done 3/4" for the drains (Herbie style). I'm saying that on my Red Sea C130 (30Gal) I did a 1" Bean animal so I have been in the same position.

OP
OP
Orange Bulk

Orange Bulk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Iv got it all plumbed now, it seems to be working ok. I just need to make a weir box for it now. It would of looked a lot better with smaller bulkheads. Thanks for all you replies.

Back