OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any ideas on Rotifers for Dendronepthya? Have anyone tried? Or have you seen any articles investigating the gut content? Any other zooplanktons? My guess is that it's too big, but now I can't find where I read about it..
We have both frozen and live rotifers, but I don't want to use it if they won't eat it :)

The Synechoccocus will come today or tomorrow and the Dendros will come next week. Will try to get some old dosingpumps working again for autofeeding. Not sure exactly how I will do with the Cyanobacteria, maybe keep them in the fridge, and just add daily to a container (not in the fridge) with airbubbles which will be used up during 24 hours. Dosed by dosingpump. Goal is to have a stable concentration in the tank anyway.

The EasyBooster is great, it's in a 1500ml package and ready to connect directly to a dosing pump. Works like a box of wine. Doesn't need to be in the fridge. Great stuff! :)

Hope everything worked out after yesterdays feeding incident.

/ David

Sallstrom, this just came in:

20180525_160050-1-1.jpg

20180525_160108.jpg

20180525_160107.jpg

20180525_160058.jpg

20180525_160522.jpg

20180525_160050-1-1.jpg

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your corals are gonna get fat :D

Jokes aside, just don't do all changes at once. Then you won't know what the key was if you get a good result.

Still away from work and the tanks, but hopefully next week will be a good one.

/ David

OP
OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your corals are gonna get fat :D

Jokes aside, just don't do all changes at once. Then you won't know what the key was if you get a good result.

Still away from work and the tanks, but hopefully next week will be a good one.

/ David

My dendronephthya didn't make it. They died. Not good. I think dissolved oxygen depletion. Back to the drawing board. If you fall down, you get up. Keep going.

papipapi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, papipapi, all who love nps corals, knows, Chuck Stottlemire aquarium . That's where I got the idea of shellfish Diet. You know. I keep wondering if dendronephthya have some type of relationship with where they grow. Example:
I know it's impossible for most of us to have somewhat semi full grown dendronephthyas with like considerable amount of rock and sand/mud from where their harvested from. I think some of thier food source maybe coonected with the ground they grow in? Like regular plants. My hypothesis . the time we get these cute pieces . No semi fill grown pieces of course to expensive for one, we can provide almost the exact foods in ocean for them. THere's few things missing. So we keep trying eventually eureka moment will come. The guy who mastered the cultured pearl took 20 years for his eureka moment. I'm 50 maybe I'll see my eureka moment.LOL

OP
OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting. The only lagoon I ever swam in was on the island of Cozumel. The same fish we see in lfs some were there. They were monsters compared to the home aquarium type. LOL
Thanks for info. Did you live in Belize or maybe Puerto Rico? Then?Belize has second biggest coral reef.

Last edited:

papipapi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm 50 maybe I'll see my eureka moment.LOL

And I am 53 years old and I wish to find a solution to the "problem"[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

papipapi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting. The only lagoon I ever swam in was on the island of Cozumel. The same fish we see in lfs some where there. They where monsters compared to the home aquarium type. LOL
Thanks for info. Did you live in Belize or maybe Puerto Rico? Then?Belize has second biggest coral reef.

I do not live in America but in France, and the lagoon is in the Mediterranean, rich in food, so it has oyster production

OP
OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting. The only lagoon I ever swam in was on the island of Cozumel. The same fish we see in lfs some where there. They where monsters compared to the home aquarium type. LOL
Iu

OP
OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not live in America but in France, and the lagoon is in the Mediterranean, rich in food, so it has oyster production
Nice, how you like my oysters. Of all the oysters I've boughton sol azul , Baja Ca. which are the only ones that come in 12 in mesh bag. Their the only type that survive aquarium temperatures.
Still living as we speak . Ovwa

OP
OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our little secret. For my next experiment, I'm setting this up. Cycling for now. Making my famous coral carousel for it . I do document most everything. The white bucket has mangrove mud and layer of coral sand. For bacteria. It has denitrator, that's all ready working . This tank was used for cycling denitrators , that I use from time to time as emergency back up. Bring down nitrates.

Call me Dr. Dendronephthyastein. One day I will say, "it's alive,its a live!!!!"

20180527_064916.jpg

20180527_064920.jpg

20180527_064928.jpg

20180527_064933.jpg

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 61 40.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 43 28.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 29 19.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back