Trying to tune a Elite 200-INT

  • Thread starter Thread starter willtheld
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

willtheld

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 6, 2015
Messages
67
Reaction score
50
Location
Chicago, Not the suburbs.
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm having issues keeping my Elite 200-INT from overflowing bubbles out the top of its lid. It seems to do this regardless of how wet or dry I skim. It also seems to eject a noticeable amount of micro bubbles from its output. I have the Varios pump running at 55% from apex 0-10v control and the output adjustment to about the middle of the 4 marking.

Im struggling to figure out how to resolve these issues. Anyone else experience these problems with this unit?
 
I haven't used any of the elete skimmers but I have used the regal with the same pumps. I am constantly shocked at how low I need to keep the bubbles in the skimmer to keep it from overflowing. I am guessing you can open up the outflow valve a good bit more. My skimmers look like the bubbles are low in the neck when they are set up but when I come back a couple of days later what is in the cup looks right.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 19 27.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 13.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new