TSA Zombieland Acropora

Sweet Reef Corals

SweetReefOH on IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Thanks! The par is around 350. This started as a tiny little nub, and the color transitions really started to come in when it started growing multiple larger branches. It seems like the newer growth is purple/blue and the new growth then transitions into the creamy yellow/green it ages and newer branches start to shoot off them. Then it seems to develop a nice green sheen on the inner parts as branches start to shade parts of the coral that are underneath it.
I’ll have to move mine back to higher par. I’ve had it in lower par for the last few months based on TSA’s approximate par range.
9FACC369-9B42-41CF-8DBD-66A2181B0F3C.jpeg

Reef Dude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll have to move mine back to higher par. I’ve had it in lower par for the last few months based on TSA’s approximate par range.
That is looking really good! I like the more pronounced green base on yours, and yours even has some yellowish tips like the one photo TSA photo posted.

TopShelfAquatics

Follow us on Instagram @topshelfaquatics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

Always impressed with what you can do with some acros!

Rick j

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! The par is around 350. This started as a tiny little nub, and the color transitions really started to come in when it started growing multiple larger branches. It seems like the newer growth is purple/blue and the new growth then transitions into the creamy yellow/green it ages and newer branches start to shoot off them. Then it seems to develop a nice green sheen on the inner parts as branches start to shade parts of the coral that are underneath it.
Wow, gorgeous! @TopShelfAquatics What kind of PAR are you guys giving this thing? I don’t have any light coloring on mine at all...
Oh wow, maybe that’s why mine is so much darker?!. I have it in about 375....
BA9AA03C-029A-4F1D-84DD-AAE0DC91926A.jpeg
I k ow this is an old thread but did you ever find the sweet spot for par on the zombie land

Big E

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The pics of this coral are all over the map............lol

Looks like a RMF Red Gecko under normal lighting.................it's a very nice acro in it's own right.

I've had LEDs for 8 months now and you don't pull those fake colors like in those pics.

Is it really that hard to quit the Photoshsop and turn the lights white to see what the coral actually looks like? Battlecorals and Coral Euphoria do a nice job of this.

Sweet Reef Corals

SweetReefOH on IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
We have both the Red Gecko and the Zombieland. They couldn't look any more different.

RMF Red Gecko
RMF Red Gecko.jpg

TSA Zombieland
These are just frags but they look exactly like this in person ;)
The cool thing about this coral that i've noticed over the years is that it will dramatically change colors with changes in water chemistry. It is a remarkable, incredibly hardy and attractive A. Granulosa
11042312 Zombie.jpg
11042313 Zombie.jpg

Charlie the Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have both the Red Gecko and the Zombieland. They couldn't look any more different.

RMF Red Gecko
RMF Red Gecko.jpg

TSA Zombieland
The cool thing about this coral that i've noticed over the years is that it will dramatically change colors with changes in water chemistry. It is a remarkable, incredibly hardy and attractive A. Granulosa
11042312 Zombie.jpg
11042313 Zombie.jpg
Nice pics man!

Jack Ravensbergen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

RMF Red Gecko
RMF Red Gecko.jpg

TSA Zombieland
11042312 Zombie.jpg
11042313 Zombie.jpg
Granulosa , that was the name i was looking for , thanks !

Big E

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

RMF Red Gecko
RMF Red Gecko.jpg

TSA Zombieland
11042312 Zombie.jpg
11042313 Zombie.jpg

I actually like your picture and would want that coral if it looks like that in person.

These pics are all over the map like I said--------

zombiland one.jpg

zombiland three.jpg
zombiland two.jpg

This last pic looks exactly like a red gecko--

Red geclo.jpg

My red Gecko I've had since 2015---
Rec Gecko top R 101117.jpg

Red Gecko front R 101117.jpg

Original frag---
red gecko 20215.JPG

Rcky Mtn frags stock pic-- This is how it looks under heavy blue
RMF stock pic.jpg

I'm not sure what you have as I'm only looking at a tiny tip. Not sure it's a Red Gecko. but it's not worth arguing about.

Just my take on what I see in this thread..........as long a people are happy with what they have it's all good.

Last edited:

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.2%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back