Tubastrea help please

  • Thread starter Thread starter Nordy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Nordy

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 10, 2024
Messages
852
Reaction score
923
Location
East Wenatchee Washington
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
I’ve had this Tubastrea for a little over two months. It is not doing so great. I’ve tried to get myself to feed it every other day around 5:00 pm. I usually mix some reef roids with phytoplankton. Is there something better to feed this Non photosynthetic coral? I’m trying to up my game. Sometimes I forget to feed at 5:00 because I’m so busy. Maybe everyday would be better, maybe multiple feedings? The picture of a picture with the Chalk bass is the Tubastrea I had 5 years ago in my first tank. I feel I was successful with that Tubastrea. Consistency of feeding is all I remember doing right. Maybe I used article pods, but I don’t recall. Please share all your tips to help me with this coral.

IMG_3590.jpeg IMG_3585.jpeg
 
Mysis, brine shrimp, arcti pods, meaty foods. I have no luck with anything in my tank eating reef roids all the lps just spit it back out. I dont currently have any nps corals but I used to have a lot. Need to kind of "chum" the water first. Thaw the food in some tank was use a little extra mix the food up real well once thawed dump some of that in the tank and the coral should start to open. Then feed.
 
What kind of food does your Tubastrea get?
I try to stimulate it while feeding corals reef Roids, however I feel more successful when feeding it brine shrimp as it captures, consumes and I can confirm it has eaten.
 
Mysis, brine shrimp, arcti pods, meaty foods. I have no luck with anything in my tank eating reef roids all the lps just spit it back out. I dont currently have any nps corals but I used to have a lot. Need to kind of "chum" the water first. Thaw the food in some tank was use a little extra mix the food up real well once thawed dump some of that in the tank and the coral should start to open. Then feed.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 4.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new