tube anemone lifespan

Wiz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My first tank housed a green centered purple tube nem. Had it for years. Stayed put, looked beautiful, easy care and it was the only thing in my well stocked reef that survived my overheating mistake. (Long weekend, turned off ac. SOUP:'()
this tank I have a green centered peach tube nem. Same thing. Stays put, beautiful, easy care. Love it!
Had the purple one five years. Had this one a year now. Curios who has them and how long. Defanitly a favorite in my tank. Hope it lives forever :)

20151001_134523.jpg

ritter6788

Coral Fraud Private Eye
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Wiz

Wiz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Be careful mine keeps extending his two under the sand all the way into the rocks and then he'll disappear. Had to dig him out twice

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Be careful mine keeps extending his two under the sand all the way into the rocks and then he'll disappear. Had to dig him out twice
Is iT better too keep him in the open sand then? Guy at my lfs told me too place him next too a rock??

OP
OP
Wiz

Wiz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A rock maybe. But these guys require no light. So if it gets into the back, you may not see it. Lol I planted a couple rocks near a corner and made a corral. He still builds under but it takes much longer.

OP
OP
Wiz

Wiz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great idea. I would think a spot where the flow hits him. Being a filter feeder

Reefer79

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have three. All live happy together in a seperate part of my tank. They have eaten a goby and a filefish so far.. Definitely not to be kept with any slow moving fish. Few expensive dinners before I learned my lesson. I was lucky enough to put a mesh devide up to keep other fish from entering their space. We had a tank custom built with a glass divide that had a 6 inch hole cut in the center so we could cap off one side of needed to quarantine sick fish or put mesh to allow the water to flow yet keep things seperate. Its worked a treat! I plan to get a few more. Having a tube only tank. They are gorgeous and live happily together!

_20190919_161512.JPG

motortrendz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my last yank I had 3 of them. They were gorgeous. I have wanted to add one to my new tank but I haven't seen one I really want at my LFS. And always forget when I order things online Haha. I would love a green center pink one or a green center orange one.

Reefer79

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my last yank I had 3 of them. They were gorgeous. I have wanted to add one to my new tank but I haven't seen one I really want at my LFS. And always forget when I order things online Haha. I would love a green center pink one or a green center orange one.
My store has a black one right now, I was tempted to buy it but didn't think I'd see it like the neon ones. I'm holding out for a purple or blue one!

Back