Tube anemone removal?

Blumy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a tube anemone a while ago. Placed it in the sand bed away from everything. Stayed put for 6 months. Well it moved and attached itself to the rocks. Stung the heck out of an encruster reducing its coverage by half. I am worried it will get bigger or move again and sting something of high value that’s been growing for years. Tried to simply pull it out, nope. It’s fast on the rocks and I don’t want to kill it pulling it too hard. Any ideas?

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a tube anemone a while ago. Placed it in the sand bed away from everything. Stayed put for 6 months. Well it moved and attached itself to the rocks. Stung the heck out of an encruster reducing its coverage by half. I am worried it will get bigger or move again and sting something of high value that’s been growing for years. Tried to simply pull it out, nope. It’s fast on the rocks and I don’t want to kill it pulling it too hard. Any ideas?
Don't pull.. they hook the end of the worm like tail under are around and in rocks as an anchor. To do it safely you'll probably need to lift the rock it anchored to. Slide your fingers down the casing GENTLY and massage it away from the anchor. There isn't a foot to worry about, more like a pig tail. A picture could help with options

OP
OP
Blumy

Blumy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't pull.. they hook the end of the worm like tail under are around and in rocks as an anchor. To do it safely you'll probably need to lift the rock it anchored to. Slide your fingers down the casing GENTLY and massage it away from the anchor. There isn't a foot to worry about, more like a pig tail. A picture could help with options

Bottom right. Lifting the rock is not really an option.
705CDDC8-EE28-4533-AA45-0169063DD49D.jpeg

dvgyfresh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it’s attached to the rock and not just in the sand then unfortunately it’s kinda stuck there without damaging it , if you cannot lift the rock

dvgyfresh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you do get it out I’d reccomend putting it an anemone cup , I have one and it’s high up and away from things it can sting lol

Attachments

• 5FF79EDE-388F-426C-B697-7D33998B1BCD.jpeg
    5FF79EDE-388F-426C-B697-7D33998B1BCD.jpeg
    164.9 KB · Views: 80

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 47.5%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 42 52.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 16 20.0%
  • None.

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.0%
Back