Question about tube anemone?

  • Thread starter Thread starter vlangel
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Joined
Feb 5, 2014
Messages
8,075
Reaction score
10,142
Location
Pittsburgh, PA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my 1st tube anemone and it closes up during the day. It is in the center of the tank where the light is brightest but that is where there is space enough for it not to sting coral. It looks happy and healthy when its fully open so should I be worried or is this normal behavior? I am feeding it and it appears to be eating.
 
This is my 1st tube anemone and it closes up during the day. It is in the center of the tank where the light is brightest but that is where there is space enough for it not to sting coral. It looks happy and healthy when its fully open so should I be worried or is this normal behavior? I am feeding it and it appears to be eating.
post a pic or vid of the tank. its possible a coral that opens nearby during the day could be causing this.
 
post a pic or vid of the tank. its possible a coral that opens nearby during the day could be causing this.
Ok, I will do that when I have an opportunity. Thanks!
 
looks fine to me though the frogspawn behind it it might inch closer too. I think it was just digesting food.
It did retract back into its tube an hour or so after that. I will keep a close eye on the frogspawn.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new