Tube nem has a tunic

Bubblebass

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 19, 2015
Messages
381
Reaction score
157
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yhis is the second or third time this nem has what I guess to be hair algae. Nothing in my tank other than this guy has any hair algae.
Any idea how to treat this? He's much more bummed with this stuff in his face all the time. Last time I picked it off but it came back in a month or so.
image.jpeg
 
I have had this before when I had tube nems. It is something I became diligent on picking off. What are the levels of nitrate and phosphate at? They are fueling it somehow
 
My nitrates are high (40) and I'm having a hard time controlling them. My phosphates are zero and all other params are very good. I will pick it off again and continue to try to get nitrates under control. I have plenty of flow, a large skimmer and all other corals are doing well. The strange part is that I don't get hair algae anywhere else in the tank. It's a 120g with a 40g sump.
 
Mine was almost the same. HA on the tube, but not the tank.

Pick it off. Can you carbon dose to lower nitrates?
 
That's the next step. I was hoping the increased flow, filter sock changes every 4 days, skimmer and water changes would take care of the nitrates. But no luck so far. Carbon dosing was the next choice.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new