Tube worm? Polyp?

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hitchhiker came in on something and started growing. Should I fish this out? Anyone have an idea? Probably 1/4” visible. Thanks, Paul

IMG_8248.jpeg

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks everyone. After looking up pictures online, yes, pineapple sponge. It seems to retract into that hole.
Sounds good, but these come and go depending on tank nutrients. Over time they tend to disappear or reduce greatly in numbers.

OP
OP
BubblesandSqueak

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It seems urchins, emerald green crabs and sea lemon nudis are supposed to eat them. I only see my emerald about every 10 days. The tuxedo constantly grazes everywhere. Hard to believe I’m over feeding. Tiny pinch of pellets for the clowns and 1/2 a Mysis cube every other day for the two shrimp and clowns.

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It seems urchins, emerald green crabs and sea lemon nudis are supposed to eat them. I only see my emerald about every 10 days. The tuxedo constantly grazes everywhere. Hard to believe I’m over feeding. Tiny pinch of pellets for the clowns and 1/2 a Mysis cube every other day for the two shrimp and clowns.
Are you worried about having it? They are completely harmless and actually cool biodiversity to have in the tank. Many new tank cyclers like to see them as it’s a sign of the tank maturing.

OP
OP
BubblesandSqueak

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you worried about having it? They are completely harmless and actually cool biodiversity to have in the tank. Many new tank cyclers like to see them as it’s a sign of the tank maturing.
No, I’m ok with it. Been considering a much larger tank like 150 gallon and was thinking to move everything in there. But then again it is more for fish only. Angels etc…just not sure yet. Still exploring what tank etc.. IM is on sale but a long long wait. If I see a Reefer Max go on sale, I may pull the trigger on it. A 5’ is what I’m looking for but new has a warranty over used.

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
No, I’m ok with it. Been considering a much larger tank like 150 gallon and was thinking to move everything in there. But then again it is more for fish only. Angels etc…just not sure yet. Still exploring what tank etc.. IM is on sale but a long long wait. If I see a Reefer Max go on sale, I may pull the trigger on it. A 5’ is what I’m looking for but new has a warranty over used.
Very cool. I’ve wanted an Angel (especially Scribbled and Queens) tank but corals still have my eye. You could also check out Planet Aquarium and Cade.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 91 80.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back