Tubes and strings?

  • Thread starter Thread starter jvnmoore
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jvnmoore

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 4, 2025
Messages
8
Reaction score
2
Location
Palm Beach
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone first time reefer here.. my system has been setup for about 8months now.
I just finished a water change today and when I turned the pumps back on I found this string like mucus? I’m not sure what it is and if it’s beneficial.. any advice on how to maybe remove this?

P.S. I just bought a peppermint shrimp today to help deal with the aptasia before moving toward chemical warfare..

Thanks!
View attachment 20260422_130534_6822679E-E0A8-49D1-9D2B-057D6B8173B7.mov
 
Yep vermitids. Probably stirred some stuff up doing the WC that caused a feeding response.
I've had good luck with peppermint shrimp talking care of aiptasia. I've not found a good way to eliminate vermitids.
Bumble bee snails 🙂
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new