Tubing adapter needed?

Joeg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've purchased some small bulkhead fittings and 1/4" acrylic tubing from BRS and have fitted them to some dosing containers. My problem is that the silicone tubing won't fit over the rigid acrylic tubing. I've tried heating it as well as stretching it and have had no luck. I know others are using this type or arrangement and am wondering if there is a specific barbed adapter I need to use instead. Right now I have a long run of acrylic tube inside the container and a small piece on the outside so I'm wondering if there is something other than tubing I should be using on the outside.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I've purchased some small bulkhead fittings and 1/4" acrylic tubing from BRS and have fitted them to some dosing containers. My problem is that the silicone tubing won't fit over the rigid acrylic tubing. I've tried heating it as well as stretching it and have had no luck. I know others are using this type or arrangement and am wondering if there is a specific barbed adapter I need to use instead. Right now I have a long run of acrylic tube inside the container and a small piece on the outside so I'm wondering if there is something other than tubing I should be using on the outside.
Take tube to Home Depot
At least mine employ master plumbers in their plumbing department and they always have an answer

Back