Tucson, Arizona: What LFS do you trust?

ELF1024

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All; I'm a new reefer down by the Mexican border and Tucson would be the closest area I can go for livestock. It's still about an hour and a half trip from where I am.

In the interest of saving myself some gas and time; for those of you who live in Pima County, what is your go-to local fish store, and why?

Thanks ahead of time!

Impala67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All; I'm a new reefer down by the Mexican border and Tucson would be the closest area I can go for livestock. It's still about an hour and a half trip from where I am.

In the interest of saving myself some gas and time; for those of you who live in Pima County, what is your go-to local fish store, and why?

Thanks ahead of time!
I haven’t lived there in a while it was about 3 years ago but I went to a store called shark reef in Tucson Arizona. I don’t know if it’s still in business but it’s worth the try to look it up. At the time they were my go to place I really liked them and they knew what they were doing!!

OP
OP
ELF1024

ELF1024

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven’t lived there in a while it was about 3 years ago but I went to a store called shark reef in Tucson Arizona. I don’t know if it’s still in business but it’s worth the try to look it up. At the time they were my go to place I really liked them and they knew what they were doing!!
Thank you!

Thermite187

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shark reef is still in business. It is on Ina RD. Fishy Bizness is also on Speedway. Might be some others but I just started again so I haven't really looked. My recommend is to learn your pests thoroughly through research and then check everything before you buy it closely. It seems like all shops get pests every now and then. Quarantine everything you get if you can. If just looking for fish either store should suffice.

Udest

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah the guys at sharks reef are pretty cool haven't been there in a while though and their facebook page changed can't see what they got in stock like you used to.

tharbin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Afraid I can't really help. I do all of my reef shopping in the mesa/chandler/tempe area. I have been to sharks reef and fishy bizness long ago but no idea what they are like now. Unfortunately last time I looked for LFSs in the state there wasn't much left in Tucson but I'm sure some local reefers know of a few places. There are a lot of LFSs in the phoenix metro (there are 5 I go to regularly and would recommend--and a few more okay ones) if you ever get up there. Even a small but growing one in Casa Grande.

Udest

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
also if you need cleaners the petco on Wetmore tanks are clean also sometimes tropical kingdom on prince gets some cool stuff in.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 33.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 24 20.9%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back