Tunes 3155 ATO question

Sobo's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whenever I do a water change, I take my entire system offline. Just now I did almost an exact amount of water out and then back in and my optic eye sensor was submersed a little past the point of where it should kick on and pump water in. Whenever I turn on the ATO, it automatically dumps water into the tank for atleast 15-20 seconds causing my tank level to be higher then I would like it to be. Does anyone else have this problem or is there something wrong with my eye? Other than this issue, everything else works flawless, it's just when I have the tank offline and then it gets plugged back it this happens. Thanks!

john.m.cole3

cyclOps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This "dumping" of water when the ATO is turned back on is the pump priming itself and absolutely normal. Keep a plastic cup nearby so when you start the ATO back up, you can catch the water with the cup and put it back in the ATO reservoir.

OP
OP
Sobo's Reef

Sobo's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This "dumping" of water when the ATO is turned back on is the pump priming itself and absolutely normal. Keep a plastic cup nearby so when you start the ATO back up, you can catch the water with the cup and put it back in the ATO reservoir.

Ahh never thought of that!! Thanks for that!

Back