Tunze 3155 osmolator far from sump

benmed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My ro/di reservoir is about 50 tubing feet from my sump. There is really minimal vertical travel distance (maybe 4 feet to clear and door). I’d like to use the Tunze osmolator to monitor water levels in the sump and then function as ATO. The problem is that the cords are not long enough. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to lengthen the wires? Either increase the length of the sensor cables or increase the length of the cord connecting the pump to the controller?

OP
OP
B

benmed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure. Any stereo wire will work. And then i used posi lock to connect the wires solidly. Links to both attached:

InstallBay Posi Lock 14-16Ga - 9...

BNTECHGO 20 Gauge Flexible 2 Conductor Parallel Silicone Wire Spool Red Black High Resistant 200 deg C 600V for Single Color LED Strip Extension Cable Cord,Model,25ft Stranded Copper Wire

Joe's Coral Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
It may work just extending the power wires to the pump. If the flow is not enough, tunze also sells a solenoid, you could use it with a relay or pressure switch and power a way bigger pump. I use to have my tunze turn on a relay that turned on a decent size masterflex parasitic pump.

WellMax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think im about 20’ from my sump to my container and maybe 6ft vertical. I’ll start with this approach and check out the large pump switch if it can’t handle it.

Thanks!

StianA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I figured it out. Not hard. Just splice some extra electrical cord and add some tubing. Easy peasy.
Did you extend the wires to the the opptical/float switch going to the controller? Had any issues with it? Thanks

OP
OP
B

benmed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you extend the wires to the the opptical/float switch going to the controller? Had any issues with it? Thanks
The Tunze sensors are in the sump and I keep the control box next to the sump. I spliced the cord for the pump which is distant to the sump. The control box determines when the sump is low, sends the signal through the wire to the pump at the ATO reservoir which then pumps water back to the sump. So since the controller box is right next to the sump you don’t have to extend those wires.

Back