Tunze 3155

Jrod381

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need some help, I have a had a Tunze osmolator 3155 for around 2 months. I noticed over the weekend it is no longer maintains my levels for my ATO. It looks as if the sensors are working properly but when it get low the pump seems to not be working.

is there a way to reset the pump or troubleshoot so I can get it working again oris the pump no longer any good since I do not see a way to take it apart?

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To troubleshoot... try pushing the entire magnet mount down, submerging the sensors until the secondary float switch is submerged and you get the audible overfill alarm. Then slowly slide the entire magnet assembly up until the optical eve is out of the water... see if that triggers the pump to start filling.

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the pump air locked? Try flipping the pump upside down beneath the surface of the water in the ATO reservoir to see if any trapped air gets released. Often, when an ATO reservoir is allowed to run dry, the pump will get air locked until you flip the pump upside down for a moment to release any trapped air. Once the air is purged, the pump should operate normally.

OP
OP
Jrod381

Jrod381

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the pump air locked? Try flipping the pump upside down beneath the surface of the water in the ATO reservoir to see if any trapped air gets released. Often, when an ATO reservoir is allowed to run dry, the pump will get air locked until you flip the pump upside down for a moment to release any trapped air. Once the air is purged, the pump should operate normally.

thanks I will try that to see what happens

OP
OP
Jrod381

Jrod381

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tried all the trouble shooting could here the motor humming yet the propeller would not move. Reached out to Tunze customer service and they are sending me a new pump. I hope this is not gonna be constant

Back