Tunze 5017 - Too High/Too Low Red Lights Flashing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

DB1091

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Roger,

I'm taking over care for my father's aquarium and just last night his Tunze 5017 controller had both the too low and too high red lights start flashing along with a very loud and annoying noise. I've tried taking the device apart to check for water damage as you mentioned in another thread but can't see anything visible. Do you think it is in fact water damage or something else?

Also - until such time the device is replaced/fixed, do you think i just need to manually keep the water level at an appropriate level?

Please help so my ears can get a break! Thank you.

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would unplug it, it will not work in this state and it needs to be repaired. The usual cause is that the power supply tip landed in water and was plugged in wet, minor damage like this can usually be repaired. Please send it in, their is no need to rush, I leave for MACNA tomorrow and won't be able to get to it until the 12th at the earliest. Include a note with return address and phone number-
Tunze USA
2121 Cole Springs Rd
Buda TX 78610

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

DB1091

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Roger - do you need me to just sent in the control unit with wires attached (believe there are 3) or something else? Also, need the battery pack/cord?

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just need the controller with the 2 sensors and pigtail to the pump unless the power supply tip is severely corroded.

Cflip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Roger,

I'm taking over care for my father's aquarium and just last night his Tunze 5017 controller had both the too low and too high red lights start flashing along with a very loud and annoying noise. I've tried taking the device apart to check for water damage as you mentioned in another thread but can't see anything visible. Do you think it is in fact water damage or something else?

Also - until such time the device is replaced/fixed, do you think i just need to manually keep the water level at an appropriate level?

Please help so my ears can get a break! Thank you.

I’m having the same problem.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back