Tunze 6105 help

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Williamson’s Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
4B8C4975-CA89-4B02-A1CF-2B6A517EF9BC.jpeg
One of my two 6105 makes a very loud click if I use the pulse mode. It even scares the fish. The other is just a slight click. I did try cleaning them but it didn’t make a difference. They had only been in use a few moths. So I haven’t been running the pulse from 0%. Today the one that made the loud click wasn’t working. I took it apart put it back together and it works. But there’s wear on the propeller. They where purchased from BRS in July 2018. I don’t see a replacement available...How do I get a replacement?

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4B8C4975-CA89-4B02-A1CF-2B6A517EF9BC.jpeg
One of my two 6105 makes a very loud click if I use the pulse mode. It even scares the fish. The other is just a slight click. I did try cleaning them but it didn’t make a difference. They had only been in use a few moths. So I haven’t been running the pulse from 0%. Today the one that made the loud click wasn’t working. I took it apart put it back together and it works. But there’s wear on the propeller. They where purchased from BRS in July 2018. I don’t see a replacement available...How do I get a replacement?

Give Roger a PM at @rvitko on this forum. He can provide you with the parts you might need. Tunze has been excellent for me over the 30 plus years I have used their products.

OP
OP
Williamson’s Reef

Williamson’s Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Give Roger a PM at @rvitko on this forum. He can provide you with the parts you might need. Tunze has been excellent for me over the 30 plus years I have used their products.
Thanks, That’s why I went with Tunze. All the reviews I read where positive ...great customer service.

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks like calcium deposits, not wear. I would first try just soaking the motor and propeller in vinegar/water 50/50 for a few hours until no white deposits remain. If the pump did not due this when new, a probable cause is that calcium deposits are preventing the propeller from moving down slowly, it sticks and then thumps down when the pump starts. At least every 6 months they should be broken down and soaked like this. That is an available part.

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That should work the same, but it is always important to have the impeller removed before soaking as a lot of the internal spaces are so tight the vinegar or citric acid won't get to the calcium deposits. They both work well and are safe for the plastic, I just use vinegar because it is so cheap at the grocery store. Citric acid the main advantage is being a powder it is more compact and easier to store.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back