Tunze 7000 update?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

AdamNC

Lawnmower Blenny says nom nom
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t seem to get it to work atm on my PC but I can access it no problems on my iPhone 6s. How can I update it through the phone, I can’t figure it out and the online guides seem to be for a pc or Mac only. Is there a walkthrough in English for phone and/or tablet users? Online it says to drop and drag the files, can’t do that on a phone or a tablet nor will it allow me to save the zip file on my phone.

@rvitko help!!!

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Adam,

You do need a PC as I know of no way for a mobile device to work with the zip files. Can you give me any more details, it should connect the same way as your phone and be accessible in your browser. Are you unable to connect to it or unable to get the interface on a browser? If you cannot get a connection, you may just need to be closer to the unit. I know for sure Firefox and Safari will work, I am not sure about chrome or Edge but I would be surprised if Edge does not work. Please note I am in Germany until May 14 so my responses will tend to be at odd hours and irregular.

mcarroll

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Adam you might be able to find some apps (maybe dropbox? there are others) that can help with the file handling. Not sure that'll be all it takes to make it work tho.

OP
OP
AdamNC

AdamNC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well while on my phone I can access the controller with no issues as I said. In the settings I enter my ssid and password and then hit the client button, then something in German comes up on the next screen. Then I jump on my pc, open up Firefox, type in 192.168.2.1 and then nothing. The web page just times out. From then on I have to unplug the unit, wait a while for it to reset so I can get back into it. The pc and router are less then 10 feet away from the controller.

OP
OP
AdamNC

AdamNC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking at the online manual again it says to connect to a pc with wifi. What if my pc is not wifi? I have an old 2011 Macbook, 2 iPhones and 2 Amazon Fire tablets. Think the older Mac will work?, I think it has either OS X 10.8 or 10.9. Can't update it anymore as it's old with only 2gigs of Ram hence why I never use it anymore.

OP
OP
AdamNC

AdamNC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok so I got the zip files on my mac and can access the controller but now it says I need a password for the files? I'm so confused.

Screen Shot 2018-05-08 at 10.44.11 PM.png

OP
OP
AdamNC

AdamNC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok I got it Firmware version:V1.3

Seems I had corrupted versions somehow. I deleted both v1.2 and v1.3 and redownloaded them both on.

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is everything working now? Sorry, I am in Germany so I am 7 hours ahead.

OP
OP
AdamNC

AdamNC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything is working good now, I can see the new version v1.3 in the settings and all the new features. Was just weird that the original zips I downloaded were bad. So bottom line was I had to use my MacBook which of corse is wireless. Sometime later I’ll try to figure it out on my wired PC, is that possible or WiFi only?

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is WIFI only, but I would imagine that if you wired to the router which was wirelessly connected to the 7000 it should work.

OP
OP
AdamNC

AdamNC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thinking of just picking up a 1gig wireless fob which is like a thumb drive that will turn a wired computer into a wireless without adding another pci card inside it.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 42 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 25 20.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back