Tunze 9001 with mp10 in tank?

Mattrg02

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 20, 2015
Messages
1,620
Reaction score
1,080
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm considering adding a nano skimmer to my 17g tank. My research is pointing me to the Tunze 9001 skimmer, but it seems that micro bubbles are a problem with high flow tanks?

I run sps bare bottom and use an mp10. The flow is very high, which my sps corals seem to like.

Has anyone been able to run a nano skimmer along with high flow?

Matt
 
I have and I advise against it. I ran a 9010 in a 37 cube with two 6055s and I had to leave the intake door closed or bubbles would exit pretty heavily. I considered a 9001 in my 8.6g tank with a 6040 in it and Roger at Tunze said it wasn't a good idea. It does state in the manual that the skimmers should be placed in an area without strong flow.
 
I have and I advise against it. I ran a 9010 in a 37 cube with two 6055s and I had to leave the intake door closed or bubbles would exit pretty heavily. I considered a 9001 in my 8.6g tank with a 6040 in it and Roger at Tunze said it wasn't a good idea. It does state in the manual that the skimmers should be placed in an area without strong flow.

So what's a responsible reefer to do?:(
 
Maybe one of the hang-on variety would suit you better. Water changes are so easy on my 8.6g that I will remain skimmerless.
 
I have the 9004 directly in a JBJ28 with an MP10....but I would not consider it high flow (anemone only tank).....and have no problems.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new