Tunze 9002 on a jbj 28g HQI nano questions...

nanodude87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does the tunze 9002 fit nicely in the 28g jbj HQI? Anyone have a picture to show how it fits? Do you have to take off the collection cup to open the hood? What compartment do you put it in because it's not a HOB skimmer, right?

Mr E Wrasse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just put a Warner H1 on the back of my JBJ 28 and I love it! I got it here on R2R from Jon Warner, he still might have some and they're a lot cheaper than you could find them anywhere else. I didn't even have to modify anything or lose the filter box. I would recommend this over the tunze since it is a HOB. I was also able to leave both of my attachments for my chiller as well.

ucantmakeme

Green Tips save lives
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another thing with the Tunze 9002 skimmer is that it shoots out tiny micro bubbles out the bottom... which is OBVIOUSLY laaaame.

OP
OP
nanodude87

nanodude87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HOB is not an option for me. I've always heard great things about the tunze... Hmmm. Micro bubbles is no good but I'm assuming the skimmer would have to go in the center compartment in the back so I don't know that the bubbles would make their way back into the display...? Bump for pics & more info!

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 62 32.6%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 49 25.8%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 39 20.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 38 20.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back