Tunze 9004 DC not breaking in

advanwoerden

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 2, 2022
Messages
30
Reaction score
7
Location
New York City
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I just got this skimmer and been running it on my old tank to break it in before I set up my new Fijicube 32g AIO. It's been 4 days and it's still not producing any skimmate. I have the airline almost fully open (see 3rd pic), and the skimmer is at the correct height with a little less than 1/4 of the grill submerged (see 2nd pic). I've played around with both the height and the air intake but no luck. The bubbles are going about halfway up the tube. I've checked all the equipment and it's all setup correctly. Any ideas?

IMG_6622.jpg IMG_6623.jpg IMG_6624.jpg
 
video as well which helps give you an idea...
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6625.MOV
    20.4 MB

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 34.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 23 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new