Tunze 9004 DC skimmer

Kungpaoshizi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 22, 2014
Messages
1,309
Reaction score
511
Location
Earf
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After loving my 9001 for over a year now, I saw the dc version were released.
All I have to say is 'heck ya!'

Though I did not get the foam insert of the hose clip in the box, setup was easy as expected. Decent construction, manual was annoying with English mixed in with other languages, but all I had to do was slap the 2nd magnet on and put it in the tank.

Right away turning up to 100% it was obvious it was too much for how dirty my tank must be having an underpowered skimmer. Though after 20-30 minutes of running at like 40-50% and scraping the glass, it kicked out what you see in the pic. Turning it down to about 20-30% produced very dry skimmate though after 10-15 minutes.

With the exception of the missing parts, I definitely give it a solid 'A'. Having been familiar with the self-cleaning pump, I'm pretty excited to see how clean it gets the tank.

WP_20160811_19_18_46_Pro.jpg
 
So, how are you liking the skimmer now? How is it performing and is it silent? Thx.
 
it is great and you can fine tune it to the dryest skim ive ever seen on the 9004
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 39.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new