Tunze 9410 DC questions on set up

offthehook

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 26, 2010
Messages
302
Reaction score
157
Location
Eastern NC
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just got my Tunze 9410 DC and hooked it uo today. Seems to be working fine I guess but have some questions ‘

I started out with it in about 6.5 inches of water but had to turn the pump all the way up to get the bubble line up to the ring insert, when I did that the pump cut off then back on in intervals. So I raised it to about 7 inches and that has me with the dial all the way down with the water/bubble line just above the black inside ring. Does this sound right?
I have read so many reviews where it started produces foam immediately, mine is not, I’m not too worried as I do assume there is a break in period. It is more like boiling water right at the black ring. Been like that for a few hours now. I mainly wanted to make sure my air and water level look accurate
I know there are nutrients as my Maxspect sk400 was producing skimmate it was just so finicky so I wanted something more dependable. Anyway I am attaching a video and also some pics in case the video doesn’t come through

Video link



Pics
IMG_2563.jpeg
IMG_2559.jpeg
IMG_2560.jpeg
IMG_2561.jpeg
IMG_2562.jpeg
 
Also meant to mention in the above post, that when I turn the pump up there is an increasing loud hum, seems the more I turn it the louder it gets. I assume that is normal with increased speed? I’ll take it out tomorrow and make sure all bushings are seated correctly as I’ve read that is sometimes an issue. Is there a video showing the bushings
 
Just updating that if anyone is on the fence with purchasing a Tunze product …just do it. I had posted in here to get feedback from other users and Roger reached out. Their customer service is top notch. Doesn’t hurt so bad to spend that kind of money on quality and get customer service on top of it. Hard to come by these days! Thanks Roger for taking care of me!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new