Tunze 9012.000 and 9012.001

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

JamesZ

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi all, i’m Glad to find this wonderful forum for aquarists. And revhtree is so warm hearted. I’m a newbie of this hobby.

I have a question, how about the difference between 9012.000 and 9012.001? Which do I choose?

And where can I buy it in Toronto?

Thanks
James

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi James, I have used the 9012 DC for a little over 2 years on my home tank which is a 215 montipora dominant reef. I have had no issues with it, I empty and clean the cup weekly and break it down every 6 months for a complete cleaning. I like the DC as it is slightly stronger and easier to tune, but the AC is less expensive and has fewer parts and no electronics, so it will last longer and be less expensive to maintain. I cannot comment on Toronto, but you could reach the distributor for Canada at xeniianc.com and they can probably point you in the right direction.

OP
OP
JamesZ

JamesZ

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi James, I have used the 9012 DC for a little over 2 years on my home tank which is a 215 montipora dominant reef. I have had no issues with it, I empty and clean the cup weekly and break it down every 6 months for a complete cleaning. I like the DC as it is slightly stronger and easier to tune, but the AC is less expensive and has fewer parts and no electronics, so it will last longer and be less expensive to maintain. I cannot comment on Toronto, but you could reach the distributor for Canada at xeniianc.com and they can probably point you in the right direction.
I ordered a tunze 9012 on amazon today. Hope to receive it soon.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 64 31.4%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 54 26.5%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 42 20.6%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 42 20.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back