Tunze 9012 DC performance

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Sygnus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi !

I've been using the Tunze 9012 DC for cca 2 years, in the first 5-6 month i can run at 20-30 % , beacuse its overflowing. But over time, I always need to increase the skimmer performance. Now its run at 100% , and dont have a strong foam. (completely disassembled and cleaned)
Is something need replace? rotor or the motor?

the outside of the power cord which is in water is damaged in some places, can the inside corrode , maybe this its the problem? i think it is not replaceable, it is cast in the engine?

And the another question, where its the max ?

1653314808031.jpg

Thanks for the help !

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the current air flow problem, please check the impeller cover, where the air hose attaches, the nipple often clogs with salt creep over time, cleaning this should restore the performance. it is not impossible the impeller is worn, or possibly seized to the metal shaft that is part of the motor and should not come out, both will also reduce performance. If the impeller has seized in the past, this can weaken the magnet from heat and basically demagnetization, the needlewheel can also be damaged and either not spin at the same speed as the magnet or from less surface area from damaged needles.

If the cable is damaged, the motor should be replaced, I see you are in Hungary, I would contact the office in Germany. If the cable damage is from a defect it would be covered, damage from urchins and other gnawing animals is not covered.

OP
OP
S

Sygnus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you very much for your reply!

I disassembled the foamer, washed it with vinegar solution, but there was no clogging.
The metal shaft stays in place well, the rotor not stuck.
The needlewheel is fixed to the magnet and dont have any damage.
As I look, nothing wrong .

I remembered badly, but I looked after I've been using the skimmer it for 4 years (not 2 )

I bought the foamer as new from Germany, but not from a store, so I have no warranty paper, and it would not have been economical to return because of the shipping cost.

But i dont have urchin or another gnawing animal.

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would ask, we had some cable defects late 2016 early 2017 and they should be able to help.

OP
OP
S

Sygnus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I disassembled again, I don't know how it escaped my attention, but that's really the problem. a hard white layer sealed the hole, cleaned and now working like a new , on 25-30 % and have a very great skimming.

Thank you very much for your help !

If you know anything about the cable please let me know, I didn't even hope to get help here, especially after all this time.

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please, contact the factory by email, I am in USA and too far away.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 43.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 20.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 42 34.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back