Tunze 9012 skimmer stopped foaming

  • Thread starter Thread starter AcroNem
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

AcroNem

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 1, 2015
Messages
4,509
Reaction score
14,360
Location
United States
What state or country do you live in
Utah
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone I've run into an interesting issue, I've had my tunze 9012 skimmer for about 8 months now, I clean it every couple months so it doesn't get built up but this morning it had stopped foaming and was just making a slight rattling noise. Any ideas as to what it could be? Maybe the impeller is shot? Thanks for any help in advance.
-J
 
Hey everyone I've run into an interesting issue, I've had my tunze 9012 skimmer for about 8 months now, I clean it every couple months so it doesn't get built up but this morning it had stopped foaming and was just making a slight rattling noise. Any ideas as to what it could be? Maybe the impeller is shot? Thanks for any help in advance.
-J
best bet would be to pull the pump out and see if the impeller is spinning
 
I opened it up tonight to check it out, the impeller was moving freely it wasn't stuck or anything so now I don't have any idea what it could be. Cleaned it again anyway while I had it open and got the same result after putting it back together.
 
I opened it up tonight to check it out, the impeller was moving freely it wasn't stuck or anything so now I don't have any idea what it could be. Cleaned it again anyway while I had it open and got the same result after putting it back together.
does the impeller spin freely from the magnet?
 
While it was still in there yes I could spin it, although I'm assuming it's the impeller that needs fixing. is there something else I should try?
 
I tried blowing through several times with no luck. No it isn't pulling water it's just making noise while nothing else happens, driving me nuts.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new