Tunze 9012 skimmer strike 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter MrDJeep123
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

MrDJeep123

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 22, 2012
Messages
1,937
Reaction score
480
Location
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The impeller broke to my skimmer a few days shy of a month ago. Tonight, no skimmer. Again. Because of the same reason. The impeller broke off the magnet cylinder. I'm annoyed. I've sent Roger Vitko of Tunze an email, as he dealt with my first replacement. I'll see what he says this time around. The skimmer is coming up on a year in January.

I've seen a few other posts about this impeller being an issue. At this point, I can't recommend this skimmer for anyone to buy. Fortunately customer service has been decent. But does great customer service excuse equipment flaws?

Ugh.


DSC09096.jpg
 
No good customer service doesn't excuse constant problems without permanent fixes.
That being said when I had a sca-302 the impellers used to do this and I stopped asking for replacements and just super glued it. Problem solved for me because it never came apart again.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new