Tunze 9410 DC with CO2 scrubber

  • Thread starter Thread starter Diman1974
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Diman1974

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 2, 2024
Messages
39
Reaction score
28
Location
tracy, ca
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is anyone using the Tunze 9410 DC with a CO2 scrubber? It seems that connecting the scrubber to the ozone port on the skimmer neck wouldn’t work, as this port requires an external air pump to push air through. My scrubber’s inlet line runs outside the window, and I have no way to install a compressor outside. Directly connecting the scrubber’s outlet to the skimmer pump would likely cause an airflow imbalance. How have you integrated your scrubber?
 
HELP IM STUCK TOO.

I'm currently using an external air pump to push air into the scrubber and then I have the scrubber outflow into the ozone.

I think I have to do Ozone into the scrubber and the outflow into the water? How do drive that air through?

Someone told me to install the CO2 scrubber in line. Not sure where that would be on the device.
 
plug scrubber into air intake on pump (where the silencer is) or just connect to the air silencer open port. Do not connect to the ozone intake ring
 
plug scrubber into air intake on pump (where the silencer is) or just connect to the air silencer open port. Do not connect to the ozone intake ring
Any reason not to utilize the ozone port? Roger from Tunze suggested this way in the thread I linked above
 
Any reason not to utilize the ozone port? Roger from Tunze suggested this way in the thread I linked above
The reason not to use the ozone port is because you would need an air pump to push air through. If you use the air line to the pump, then the pump pulls the air into the skimmer.
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new