• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Tunze 9415 Skimmer for sale

Item Price
Shipping
YES shipping is available

ReefTeacher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Tunze 9415 which is a beast of a skimmer. I have been using it on my 180 gal for the last 3 years and it is the most stable skimmer I have ever owned, never overflowing even once and skimming within minutes of cleaning. I think it is oversized and could easily be used on a larger tank. Due to a silly error on my part, I had to replace the pump this spring, so the pump is only a few months old. I am in St. Louis but am willing to ship; I have the original packaging. $400

OP
OP
R

ReefTeacher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great skimmer!

Just curious what was your silly error? Asking so I don't make the same mistake. :)
I was in isolation for COVID and forgot to turn the skimmer off using my Apex. The water in the sump dropped and the pump ran dry and died! If only I had turned it off!

jhuntstl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was in isolation for COVID and forgot to turn the skimmer off using my Apex. The water in the sump dropped and the pump ran dry and died! If only I had turned it off!
Doh! With my sump, it will thankfully be difficult to make that mistake.

It really is a beast of a skimmer. Especially for it's very low wattage(22w I think). I got mine used for about the same price as yours. It's been one of few reefing purchases I've deemed 100% worth it.

Best of luck with your sale.

OP
OP
R

ReefTeacher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doh! With my sump, it will thankfully be difficult to make that mistake.

It really is a beast of a skimmer. Especially for it's very low wattage(22w I think). I got mine used for about the same price as yours. It's been one of few reefing purchases I've deemed 100% worth it.

Best of luck with your sale.
thanks jhuntstl. And since you are local, please check out my livestock thread, I have some good disease free stuff local to you!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 134 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back