Tunze ATO 3152 stopped working

lclark209

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I did a water change yesterday and unplugged the ATO and return pump in my 13.5 g Evo. Did the thing and plugged it all back in but noticed this morning the ATO sensor is down and not activating the pump to do its thing. Never had a tunze ATO before, did unplugging it mess something up? Can it be fixed? I've only had it a week.

BanjoBandito

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Tunze sometimes has issues with the pump from the reservoir....meaning the ATO kicks on but them pump will run dry, even submerged in water. I have to "PRIME" the pump by...ahem...sucking on the end to start the flow through the pump. Try manually activating the ATO and see if you can hear it running but not sucking? If the unit isn't getting power that's another thing entirely.

Jeffcb

Tang tang
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I did a water change yesterday and unplugged the ATO and return pump in my 13.5 g Evo. Did the thing and plugged it all back in but noticed this morning the ATO sensor is down and not activating the pump to do its thing. Never had a tunze ATO before, did unplugging it mess something up? Can it be fixed? I've only had it a week.
No, that shouldn't make it malfunction. I would just call Tunze USA in Austin TX. on Monday. Telephone: (512)-833-7546
I had a problem with mine being DOA. I called and he replaced it. I can not remember his name but a nice guy. I am sure he will help you.

OP
OP
L

lclark209

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Tunze sometimes has issues with the pump from the reservoir....meaning the ATO kicks on but them pump will run dry, even submerged in water. I have to "PRIME" the pump by...ahem...sucking on the end to start the flow through the pump. Try manually activating the ATO and see if you can hear it running but not sucking? If the unit isn't getting power that's another thing entirely.
I don't think it's getting power at all. I've heard the pump kick on when it was working and it's not exactly quiet.

OP
OP
L

lclark209

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, that shouldn't make it malfunction. I would just call Tunze USA in Austin TX. on Monday. Telephone: (512)-833-7546
I had a problem with mine being DOA. I called and he replaced it. I can not remember his name but a nice guy. I am sure he will help you.
Appreciate the info. Definitely will give them a call if I can't figure it out. Thanks

OP
OP
L

lclark209

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Roger over at tunze helped me out. Turns out on the smaller, thinner tanks the magnets that hold the sensor to tank, can interfere with the sensor itself. So added a spacer between the glass and outside magnet and we're back in business.

Hooray!

Jeffcb

Tang tang
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Roger over at tunze helped me out. Turns out on the smaller, thinner tanks the magnets that hold the sensor to tank, can interfere with the sensor itself. So added a spacer between the glass and outside magnet and we're back in business.

Hooray!
Roger, thats his name. Nice guy. Glad it worked out.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 56 80.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.7%
Back