Tunze ATO 3155 Extension

Luke Schnabel

I like corals...
View Badges
Joined
Mar 13, 2016
Messages
1,549
Reaction score
1,020
Location
Canton Ohio
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Seller Rating
5 ★
Rating Count
4
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
@rvitko

I reached out to Tunze via the website "contact us" page. I have yet to hear anything back after about 3 weeks.

I have a quick question for which I cannot find a definitive answer: extending my 3155 ATO. Currently, it sits next to my sump, and I would like to move the RODI Container that has the pump in it roughly 30 feet away. Is there a way to extend that unit to be able to do this?

Thank you,
Luke
 
This was my reply from Dec 5

Luke,

You would extend the pump wire with speaker wire, you would use tubing 5000.380 which is a 10 meter roll (about 32ft). Keep in mind a large reservoir is inherently less safe, be careful to avoid any situation that can cause a siphon, especially siphon situation 3. After the extension, keep in mind that there is additional troubleshooting in the event of any issue, for example has the splice broken or corroded, is the pump struggling to prime against the additional hose.

Roger

Siphon-Situations-688x459.png
 
Thank you for the response. I see that your email went to the junk folder automatically.

Thanks again.
 
For which model? 3155 never had an extension, you used speaker wire, 3154 uses 3154.022.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new