Extension for Tunze 7090.300 Y cable

D.B.Cooper

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 15, 2018
Messages
19
Reaction score
8
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. Can I put an extension (5 pin din male to female) on the Tunze 7090.300 Y cable? I’d like to use the moonlight accessory for my two stream 3 pumps.

The controllers are 7ft apart and I’d rather use an extension than move the controllers if possible. Worried the signal strength might drop off with the extra length.
 
A short extension should work, I know in a pinch back when Fry's was around I went into one at a show in CA and bought a 12ft MIDI cable and it worked just fine. The main thing I remember being a potential problem was there are reversal cables that the pins on each end are opposite so be careful on the cable just being 1-1 and not a reversal where pin 1 becomes pin 5 on the other side.
 
So the extension came in and I connected the y cable to both controllers and light sensor but one pump has noticeably more power than the other in night mode.
Do I need to do anything with the settings on the controller?
 
Unfortunately I would need a refresher on this, its been a while but night mode just stops pulsing, the pump runs at one of the set speeds, pulse or main, I just can't remember which one. You would need to make this speed the lower one and if they are running in inverse mode, one will always be at the opposite speed. The main point is pulsing stops and the flow is calmed.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 5 33.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 20.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new