Tunze ato maintenance

  • Thread starter Thread starter pseudorand
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

pseudorand

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 29, 2019
Messages
641
Reaction score
427
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What maintenance do you do on your Tunze ATO?

Mine failed. My sump was down 4" die to evap after vacation. I scraped build up off the secondary non-float sensor and it started filling a bit, but stopped before the float sensor started floating.

Any hints on what I'm missing?
 
I stopped using Tunze ATO because of multiple failures went with Avast ATO, but I use to disassemble my Tunze mix up some citric acid and let it soak for a hour or so then I rinsed with RODI.
 
What maintenance do you do on your Tunze ATO?

Mine failed. My sump was down 4" die to evap after vacation. I scraped build up off the secondary non-float sensor and it started filling a bit, but stopped before the float sensor started floating.

Any hints on what I'm missing?
That's normal operation. The float sensor is supposed to be a fail safe, not a shut off for water level. As soon as the water touches the tip of the cone on the optical sensor, it shuts off. Adjust your optical sensor to the level you want. As far as maintenance, just make sure the float is clear of salt creep and maybe once every 3 months, scrub the optical sensor with a tooth brush and vinegar to remove all the build up.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 39.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new