Rating - 0%
0   0   0

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ran a Tunze 9004 in a JBJ 28 for a number of years and never saw that. It actually looks like the bubbles are coming out of the saw teeth....were water should be going in.

I'm wondering, did you buy this used? My thought is that it wasn't put back together properly. I'd open it up, clean it up and make sure you reassemble correctly. Use the manual for proper assembly.

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh wait....after typing my response above, I think the pick-up was in the bottom of the unit and the sawteeth were the exit point.....can't remember. Either way, I'd pull it apart and make sure it's put together properly.

Captain Quint

Plank Owner of the Orca
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ran a Tunze 9004 in a JBJ 28 for a number of years and never saw that. It actually looks like the bubbles are coming out of the saw teeth....were water should be going in.

I'm wondering, did you buy this used? My thought is that it wasn't put back together properly. I'd open it up, clean it up and make sure you reassemble correctly. Use the manual for proper assembly.

I totally agree. It is actually a great unit and I ran one in an IM25 Lagoon. I 'cleaned it real good' once and had this happen. I ended up taking it apart, cutting ~1/2 inch off the silicone tube, taking my time putting all back together and it was flawless afterward.

Camellia, don't give up on it. It really is a good skimmer. It just needs to be taken apart (maybe clean) and slide not pushing covers into place.

Please keep us up to date.

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a video of the 9012 the bigger brother of the 9004 it is made the same.

The airline intake has to be on the center nipple of the pump.
As the pump pulls the air into the pump to make the foam

Here is a review of the 9004

If you have taken this skimmer a part it can be pretty touchy to put back together right. I take mine apart every three months and it always takes me a few minutes playing with the front panel to get it snapped back together right

OP
OP
Camellia

Camellia

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OMG guys thanks!
Yes, tricky thank you... otherwise I’m a total idiot
I’ve tried multiple times to put it back together and can never seem to get the water to stop coming out of the side.
I put one of my hair bands tightly around it after I took it apart today from ya’lls helpful posts. Still has air coming out tho...
I’ll try again.
Seriously thank you for the encouragement!
So frustrated :(

OP
OP
Camellia

Camellia

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question please,
I can’t see on any of the videos ... there’s a white/clear plastic round tube (on left, inside, back) inside of the black plastic of skimmer. It has a stopper on it, you can see it from the Outside of the skimmer on the back left a little higher than the magnet.
Is that stopper supposed to stay on it?

OP
OP
Camellia

Camellia

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A02C0240-2E16-4F55-800C-75BDDA113E9C.jpeg
The stopper in the corner it’s white.
Thank you for the vids :)
A02C0240-2E16-4F55-800C-75BDDA113E9C.jpeg

C03201FB-53F6-4144-93C5-DB4F6C193D1F.jpeg

OP
OP
Camellia

Camellia

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Yes indeed I did but I’m pretty sure I screwed it up upon receipt trying to clean it, ugh.

OP
OP
Camellia

Camellia

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Guys,
A Gigantic thank you for the help and useful posts regarding this skimmer.

After several attempts (hours) of taking it apart and putting it back together, it somehow snapped properly into place :)

It’s been running in it’s designated compartment for several weeks skimming wonderfully ;Cat

Thank you for giving me the perseverance to continue working with it. Reef2Reef has always got my back!

Your the Best!!

Methodzx860

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got this piece of junk and i'm already annoyed

Last edited by a moderator:

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 32 59.3%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 14 25.9%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 1.9%
Back